Aristocrat Clubman & Clubmaster

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Clubman

Post by coppinpr »

Bad news (for most), it's in Australia :#: but might be for sale. !!YIPPEE!!
dutchboy

Re: Aristocrat Clubman

Post by dutchboy »

I’m pretty sure someone is dreaming about a trip to Australia tonight.
coppinpr

Re: Aristocrat Clubman & Clubmaster

Post by coppinpr »

Airlines are offering good deals on hand luggage at the moment :!?!:
pennymachines

Post by pennymachines »

Not much help, unless hand luggage can travel unaccompanied, as non-essential travel to Australia's currently verboten.
livinginthepast

Post by livinginthepast »

But to some people this is essential travel !
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Well to add my two cents worth, equally good and bad news for any potential overseas buyer of this thing.

Good - even though it's running on 1 Shilling, that's still the same size of our current 10 cent, so in the eyes of the Aussie law this is highly illegal to own here. and serious Aussie coin-op collectors either won't touch it or possibly some bargain hunters will pay a very negligible amount, especially in current state.
Good - almost none of the Aussie slots have ever been very popular here so always been undervalued.
Bad - due to covid lockdowns all around the country local freight has skyrocketed, I just had a light weight alloy nitrogen medical dewar/flask quoted road from Perth to Qld at 3 x times the normal cost which even though I was selling as a huge bargain, killed that deal.
Bad - Almost no flights into or out of the country so overseas freight has been horrendously expensive the last 20 months! And sooo damn slow, I had small jukebox parts sent from Europe last year that I forgot where even coming they took that long. Something this heavy and fragile is just asking to be damaged in the months it will likely take. And seller is unlikely to be a knowledgeable packer of this kind of thing.
So good luck!! !OMFG!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes it is a real shame, I remember when considering some other slots from Aus, searching out professional packers who would collect and it was very difficult, now as mentioned shipping has gone mad…… containers that cost £3000 per unit from China are now costing £30000……

I will keeping dreaming :cool:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

treefrog wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:54 pmcontainers that cost £3000 per unit from China are now costing £30000……
I had a container arrive last week from China and it was horrendous at three+ times the old price(worked out around £600 per pallet (but nothing like your 10X) My shipping agent says it looks like the costs are at their peak right now and should start to drop, but, of course, they will never return to the old prices.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

coppinpr wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:13 pm My shipping agent says it looks like the costs are at their peak right now and should start to drop ..............
But of course he would say that, wouldn't he?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

But of course he would say that, wouldn't he?
not really, he has a captive audience, we need to get our stuff in whatever the cost. and he doesn't like the high costs, sure they get past onto the customer but he gets all the flack and is forced to trim his side of things to stay competitive. He's a friend anyway, someone I can talk to outside of the work environment.

Of course its not all plain sailing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0OY9XrOLcs