How does a BONUS work...

Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

How does a BONUS work...

Post by badpenny »

What makes a Mills Bonus (Horses Head or Hi-top) do what it does?

Well I'm not going to go into massive detail of every action, but here's what it does, followed by photos of the extra linkages and gubbins that allows it to do it.
On the first reel some symbols double up with the letters B, O, N, U and S. They are positioned on symbols that are one removed from each other. The reason for this is because the first reel is on a cam that changes over every play so one play you could get a letter of the word BONUS, but the next play the reel will only stop on a non letter symbol. Consequently you only stand a chance of getting a letter up every two plays!

When you get a letter on the first reel, it will flip over that letter in the top window, but, only if it's the next letter you need. So if you already have B and then you get O that will flip over, but if you get U it won't as it's not the next one in the sequence.

When the S pops up and it's the last one you need then all of the flagged letters drop down out of sight and you get the payout.

The mechanism is obviously a good deal more complicated than a standard three reeler.

Here follows a group of photos to show the additional lumps of mech that make it differ from a normal bandit mech.

Click on each one for an enlarged view ...........

BP :cool:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
grains

Re: How does a BONUS work...

Post by grains »

Great post badpenny the pictures are very helpful reference indeed - Thank you
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: How does a BONUS work...

Post by badpenny »

Glad it's been helpful.
I don't remember posting it, but, I'm pleased you like it.

I'll probably give it a read myself, as that very mech reappeared on the test bed only yesterday.
It's due its yearly dunk in a bucket of heavy industrial lubricant and a good thrashing with a ball pein mallet.

BP :smash: