Re: Keying German wall machine Zeiss Icon locks

Advice and guidance on repair and restoration techniques.
massy

Keying German wall machine Zeiss Icon locks

Post by massy »

Hi,
Am I able to get the keys cut for these locks, based on the serial number or will I need to get locks with keys?
Attachments
IMG_20211129_174123a.jpg
IMG_20211129_173718a.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

...Graham M mentioned that Bournemouth company Morland Locks & Keys were able to key up the Zeiss locks.

Full discussion here: Locks for a Beromat /Gunther Wulff wall machine.
See also Locks & Locksmiths on the Services page (e.g. Davenport Burgess, Morlands Locks & Keys).
tallstory

Post by tallstory »

I have had 2 sets of Zeiss locks re-keyed for my Beromats. I went to Morlands Locks but initially they said they didn't have the blanks and couldn't do them. After a bit of a search I found the blanks at Davenport Burgess. They are usually trade only but I phoned them and they were very helpful. They supplied me with a few blanks (quite cheap) and I sent the blanks to Morlands to cut the keys. I believe Morlands have a database of the Zeiss K2 locks which tells them how to cut the blanks using the serial number stamped on the lock.

...it ain't cheap but it is really nice to have the original locks on the machines...
The keys were £54 for the pair - even though I supplied the blanks. I got four blanks from Davenport Burgess for under £10. Add postage and you can see that it mounts up very quickly!