Heading for the Slammer

General vintage slot machine related topics.
roger

Heading for the Slammer

Post by roger »

ball chain.jpg

I am not a member of the Catholic faith so that I cannot seek redemption in a confessional.
So, I am asking all Pennymachine members to hear my case and determine my fate.

It all started way back in my teenage years when I developed a fascination for coin-op machines..
Pinball machines presented a special challenge and consumed a goodly portion of my weekly allowance.
I solved the problem by putting my foot under one of the pinball legs which leveled the play field and
slowed down the ball...With the skillful use of the flippers it was easy to win countless free games.

This misdemeanor cost the operator a lot of money and left me with a lifelong guilty conscience.
Fast forward 80 years and I will now be facing the pearly gates with this stigma in my file.

Please post your vote in the Forum giving me an unconditional pardon or else I will end up in Pergatory.
I am really a very nice guy. ROGER !SAINT!
john t peterson

Re: Heading for the Slammer

Post by john t peterson »

Roger,
Yes, without penance, you surely are headed to Hell. The good news? You can atone for your sins by figuring out how much money you cheated those poor operators out of and sending that sum, adjusted for inflation of course, to me. I will make my best effort to locate the appropriate individuals and send them their fair share. In the event that I am unsuccessful, I will hoist a pint of good beer in your honor and do three "Hail Mary's" for you. Since I am not Catholic, I think the Hail Mary is something to do with football.

Deal?

J Peterson
Hellbound in the USofA
highfield

Post by highfield »

You are not alone Roger. We did the same gradually jacking the pinball front legs up so the tilt mechanism didnt work then just letting the scores rollover and rack up free games :HaHa:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

according to the roman catholic penance book, it's NOT a sin if (A) the tilt was faulty or (B) the company that made the pinball used a tilt mech that didn't take into account the ingenuity of young boys (the Catholic church will still expect a large fee for telling you this though) !SAINT!
tallstory

Post by tallstory »

You can do a penance by playing pinball on a computer simulator. It really is a good way to punish yourself and, as is often said, "The trouble with simulation is that it's like masturbation and, after a while, you begin to mistake it for the real thing."
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

:HaHa: :HaHa: :HaHa: :HaHa: :HaHa:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

"The trouble with simulation is that it's like masturbation and, after a while, you begin to mistake it for the real thing."
and there is always the chance you might break the plunger !OMFG!