Streets Marksman help needed

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
slotto

Streets Marksman help needed

Post by slotto »

Rifle range shooting game, called the Marksman - manufactured by Streets.

I own an amusement arcade, am in the process of opening a mini-vintage machine area. We have numerous vintage penny machines and have recently come across the Marksman shooting game in our basement. Sadly the stylus arm has broken and a few pieces are missing.

Do you know anywhere where we can purchase any parts for this machine. I would be extremely grateful for any assitance in this matter.

Yours Slotto
cheeky

Re: Streets Marksman

Post by cheeky »

Can't help on this one but do let us know where your arcade is. Your idea sounds grand and I am sure will attract much attention. Good luck!
steinslots

Post by steinslots »

I don't suppose the "stylus arm" consists of a carbon brush making contact with 5 brass contacts?

If so, it's similar to "shoot dem bones" for which I designed an electronic control unit to replace the cumbersome and dangerous mains control system. I may also sell it as a kit one day.

It also features sound effects. Apart from the optional sound effects there are NO EXTERNAL CHANGES to the gun, targets or cabinet, it will increase game play and longtivity.

Carl
slotto

Post by slotto »

Cheeky wrote:Can't help on this one but do let us know where your arcade is. Your idea sounds grand and I am sure will attract much attention. Good luck!
Thank you so much for replying, I am pleased that you think it sounds a good idea. My arcade is in Fleetwood, which is in Lancashire, we are a seaside venue, so season time is when we are at our busiest.

I certainly hope it will attract a lot of attention.

Regards Slotto
slotto

Post by slotto »

steinslots wrote:I don't suppose the "stylus arm" consists of a carbon brush making contact with 5 brass contacts?

If so, it's similar to "shoot dem bones" for which I designed an electronic control unit to replace the cumbersome and dangerous mains control system. I may also sell it as a kit one day.

It also features sound effects. Apart from the optional sound effects there are NO EXTERNAL CHANGES to the gun, targets or cabinet, it will increase game play and longtivity.

Carl
Thank you for replying. I am not sure about that, but I have printed off what you have said and when I go into work tomorrow I will check and get back to you.

Many thanks Slotto
slotto

Streets Marksman

Post by slotto »

Hello there everyone. Can I ask you all - does anyone ever remember an amusement manufacturer going by the name of STREETS? This unfortunately for me was before my time. As I'm into the amusements industry now my search for a certain machine made by STREETS is quite intense as I like to have all my old vintage section workin, especially at busy times.

The machine is called the MARKSMAN and is a two player rifle range gun game.

The problem is I need a stylus arm for one of the rifles.

If any member could help me I would be more than grateful.
Thanks also for taking the time to read this.
Top site by the way.
Best regards, slotto.
slotto

Post by slotto »

Thank you very much for your reply, much appreciated by me. I most definately will try an ad in the market.
cheeky

Re: Streets Marksman help needed

Post by cheeky »

Did this arcade ever surface? Sounded very promising.
brigham

Post by brigham »

Last activity Nov. 2012.
I haven't been to Fleetwood for years. Is the Belisha still open?
It was full of early-decimal BRENCO machines, long after they had vanished everywhere else.
Much as I'd love to see a new, and possibly vintage, arcade in Fleetwood, something about the question "does anyone ever remember an amusement manufacturer going by the name of STREETS?" doesn't inspire me.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

brigham wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:53 am Much as I'd love to see a new, and possibly vintage, arcade in Fleetwood, something about the question "does anyone ever remember an amusement manufacturer going by the name of STREETS?" doesn't inspire me
Why? !PUZZLED!
brigham

Post by brigham »

I suppose it put me in mind of an incident years back, in my local pub.
Two obviously-underage lads were sitting nervously at a corner table, well away from the bar, obviously discussing how to go about getting served.
Eventually, a coin was tossed, and one lad took off his school tie, shook himself, walked over to the barmaid, and said:
"Do you sell lager...?"
larry_d

Post by larry_d »

The maker STREETS do come back to mind from years ago. They did a popular one called ''Streets Roll 'Em In'' which was a big machine with adjustable coin chutes where you rolled your 1d onto a moving conveyor belt marked into lanes with assorted win amounts ranging from 2d up to 12d. If you got your 1d between the black lines, the conveyor took it down at the back and triggered your win that cascaded down the sloping glass cover and dropped near the coin chute for you. The last time I saw one of these was at the long time family owned arcade Humber Pastimes in Cleethorpes. Next time I'm there I'll ask about it, as they are a friendly bunch and I've been a regular visitor for over sixty years. Good luck with your arcade. I'm in Fleetwood 3 or 4 times a year, so I'll nip down. :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

brigham wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:50 am I suppose it put me in mind of an incident years back, in my local pub.
Two obviously-underage lads were sitting nervously at a corner table, well away from the bar, obviously discussing how to go about getting served.
Eventually, a coin was tossed, and one lad took off his school tie, shook himself, walked over to the barmaid, and said:
"Do you sell lager...?"
Excellent example :HaHa: