Sunshine allwin

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
daveslot

Sunshine allwin

Post by daveslot »

Am I seeing things? The Sunshine allwin just listed on ebay item no. 270776103581. Was this not sat at Fieldings auction lot 162 only 3 hours ago? SkEpTiCaL
treefrog

Re: Sunshine allwin

Post by treefrog »

Quick they are, I not long ago left the bloke who bought it, unless it was his brother.

He asked my advice if it was genuine. Of course, as you know, I am not the best person to answer this. Not sure he was too happy as most of the parts looked like they had been made yesterday :cry:

I will try and get a report on shortly unless someone else gets there before me...
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I had a peek yesterday and concluded that much of it was made-up. Although there were some genuinely old bits inside, other parts had been recently manufactured, quite possibly the cabinet as well. The 1D "Wonderesque" coin slot casting is unfamiliar.
I'll post realized slot prices with pictures (courtesy of auctioneer Mark Hannam) in the Arena shortly.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Home at last......don't know how many regulars bothered to go, but I reconised a couple of faces.. interesting auction for many other items as well. I did not clock the prices for the venders, but they seem to sell well compared to the slots..
A number of the slot machines/bandits I have seen at other auctions in the last 6 months, which is odd why they quickly end up back in another auction and always makes me suspicious. The heavily painted Bryans clock I am sure was at a Willingham auction not long ago and the Brooklands and Black Beauty Mills were at a Goldings auction as a pair... The Bandits seemed cheap and the Hi Tops were very cheap even taking into account the 21% auctioneers top up.
The Clown looked nice and seemed cheap at the price.

.....Now the results:

114 Aristocrat - no bids
116 Sega Lite Up - £97
117 Mills Deluxe bandit - £194
118 Mills Hi Top - ££230
119 Mills Hi Top - £194
121 Bryans bullion - £363
122 Arizona Beromat - £60
124 Fortune Teller - £109
133 Mills/Bolands bandit - £181
134 Mills/Bolands bandit - £218
135 Brooklands bandit - £387
136 Mills QT - £290
137 Jennings Club Chief - £532
138 Mills Black Cherry - £290
139 Bingolette - £194
140 Bell Cascade - £157
141 Bryans Clock - £206
142 Hen Chick Vendor - £127
150 Bryans Elevenses - £411
151 Dippy Duck Shoot - £290
158 Beromat B - £115
159 Testo Reaction - £85
160 Stimulator Twenty One - £115
161 Stimulator Reel 21 - £163
162 Sunshine Allwin - £230
165 Whales Spangles Allwin - £290
171 Hawtins Allwin - £266
172 Diplomat german bandit - £73
179 International Grand Prix - £97
180 Whales Interspace - £557
241 Clown Catcher - £653
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

There does appear to be a few ebay sellers who are somewhat economical with the truth, or perhaps inventive is a better word, in their descriptions.
I see what tree-frog was referring to about the sunshine allwin description re "his brother" now I've read the description!
I was also amused by this Bryans clock for sale, where the seller says he doesn't know if it works, he has never tried it, he only bought it for decoration ! I must try telling my wife that one when she moans about my machines on the wall!
He still values it at £1000 though.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bryans-origin ... 3f0b6c722e
Attachments
crackleclock.JPG
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

A few of the auctions machines are slowing appearing on ebay and some only for a very short time, the Sunshine Allwin has been removed. Also a Hen/Chicken vendor lot 142 appeared for 15 mins on ebay and was quickly snapped up.....

I know little about these, not something that appeals to me, but looking how quick the item sold, I assume these are old? Perhaps I should have bid at the one at the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

Ebay could have removed it !PUZZLED! The seller said it came from an old arcade in Matlock not from a recent auction..I think
these are great machines and one I would have bid on if I had made the long trip, though they have often been messed with and the noise making bellows removed.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

A good one to sell on ebay, because it looks much better in a photo.
It was in a terrible state; the bottom of the case corroded right through and the crank handle gone. I couldn't get inside to examine the mech.
I took an £80 punt on it "for spares", gambling on the bellows being inside. Decent examples have sold for £600+ in the past, but I reckon this needed £600 worth of TLC to get it up to scratch (assuming none of the mech was missing).
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The seller of the Sunshine allwin, removed the listing early, possibly selling outside of ebay, but about a month ago I also posted the two buy-it-now machines on ebay, which occurred to me one of which was identical to this Sunshine allwin, but with a green and white backflash instead of yellow, same coin cup, hinges etc.....the green one looked older, so I wondered if one had be used as a master to replicate the parts....

Anyway they now have been joined together on gumtree....unless someone is knocking these out in their garden sheds...

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/two-b ... s/83594130
Attachments
real.jpg
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

cheaper on ebay! Item number: 260816344394
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well 3 years later and another "Sunshine" style allwin, this time in blue. This looks like it has age, exactly same style as others, but no maker name !PUZZLED!
Attachments
sun1.jpg
sun2.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

And another 8 years later !OMFG! this one on ebay selling for lots of dosh and described as, "Allwin Bryan’s pre-war retro penny arcade slot machine". !PUZZLED!
Attachments
odd-one2.jpg
odd-one-mech.jpg
odd-one-mech2.jpg
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

pennymachines wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:31 pm And another 8 years later !OMFG! this one on ebay selling for lots of dosh and described as, "Allwin Bryan’s pre-war retro penny arcade slot machine". !PUZZLED!
!OMFG!
watlingman

Post by watlingman »

If I didn't know better, I would of thought jingle owned all the overpriced allwins on ebay. :O:
slotibartfast

Post by slotibartfast »

When referring to this type of allwin, you can have added fun by adopting the 'Suuuuun-shiiiine' banter of Liam Gallagher. Or not.
roger

Post by roger »

I was highly amused by the "hanky panky" going on in the English auction markets.
I thought that the U.S. was the only place for these shananigans. ROGER
jingle

Post by jingle »

watlingman wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:06 pm If I didn't know better, I would of thought jingle owned all the overpriced allwins on ebay. :O:
This is defo something you don’t know about !!COOEE!!
watlingman

Post by watlingman »

:HaHa: :HaHa: :HaHa:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

This one sold for £520 at Morely Auctions last month:
Attachments
Morley-3.jpg