Help wanted with jukebox

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
bobthebuilder

Help wanted with jukebox

Post by bobthebuilder »

Hi,
I am the owner of a NSM CITY 2 jukebox and am looking for a copy of the owners manual has anyone got one they would be willing to copy or lend me ?
porf

Re: Help wanted with jukebox

Post by porf »

It's a bit big to copy easily/quickly.

Were you after anything specific from it ? If so I can have a flick through and either transcribe or scan the odd page or so.

Cheers

Paul.
bobthebuilder

Post by bobthebuilder »

Thank you for your reply Paul,

I have been told that it is possible to pre programme the unit to play random songs and also to programme the light units is this true?

Regards
Bob
porf

Post by porf »

Hi,

When you say "programme the light units" I'm assuming the lights are on so are you thinking of a sound to light type display or other pulsing type light sequence? If so I don't believe this jukebox can do that. I know some other NSMs (Satellite I think) have that option.

For the random playing of songs the closest options available are :
* An incentive random song option can be set up, but this will only play a random record every 15 minutes (or multiple of 15 minutes).
* There is a test mode that goes through the records in order (not random), but would be a bit of a faff to stick it into this test mode every time as it clears itself when the machine is turned off.
* Set it to Free Play or a lot of plays for a £1 and choose a lot of records!

Sounds like you're mainly after the programming side of things, this section of the manual is about 4 pages long - drop me your email in a PM if you'd like that info. There's not a great deal you can set up though, mostly audit info and the setting of credits, etc.

Cheers