Rockola Jigsaw e-Bay ........ How many????

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Rockola Jigsaw e-Bay ........ How many????

Post by badpenny »

Item 130367413031
Nothing like cornering the market eh?

"LITTLE BIT OF HARDWORK NEVER KILLED ANYONE"

Well that's very true, but by the same token I've never heard of anyone resting to death! !THUMBS!
arrgee

Re: Rockola Jigsaw e-Bay ........ How many????

Post by arrgee »

Those images remind me of dusty old coffins..................my father-in-law is a funeral director and I'm sure he has had someone through his doors Badpenny who rested to death.
jingle

Post by jingle »

what do you mean dusty lad

dont you mean originals ,originals lad
how you would want to find them
not messed with
anyway there 400 each
if anyone wants one
bit of a do it yourself hour tho needed
but all there
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

!PUZZLED! £400 each x9 don't think they would have made £3600 on ebay or anywhere else !!JUNK!!
jingle

Post by jingle »

dont think they would of made 400 for all
the way ebay is at the moment

these will go at a good antique fair
when i fix them up

ebay is finished

the buyers are private,, know one trusts ebay anymore
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Perhaps it's not that ebay is finished, it's just that no-one will pay that sort of money for machines in this state.....

How ever much people criticise ebay and unscrupulous sellers, it does give something that is difficult to achieve anywhere else, visibility to the masses. There are few other places to do this other than auction houses that advertise on the web based search engines for auctions. Even the shows like the Jukebox shows do not have the variety to make a trip worthwhile and the few machines that are there are at premium prices.

The challenge is do you make the effort to view the item potentially hundreds of miles away or take a chance......like me I take too many chances......

Surely if these had a demand or desire in anyone's eyes, they will find their market position.....some stuff on ebay at the moment is fetching silly money and other stuff is really cheap....

If you do them up, maybe SkEpTiCaL they will make the money you expect
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

jingle wrote:
these will go at a good antique fair
when i fix them up

ebay is finished the buyers are private,, know one trusts ebay anymore
Be nice if you could post some before and after pics when you've done them.
Don't know that ebay is finished; half the problem is that some decent stuff vanishes, so you often never get a bid in. Don't know that the fact that buyers are 'private' really means anything. I haven't spent too much time on ebay, but I've had the odd good sale and the odd good buy, so it has it's place...but you're not likely to make top money everytime if you sell
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

The private part of ebay, I beleive is the choice of the seller....I am never quite sure why people choose this, presumably to protect buyers, which based on the stolen thread on here probably does make sense, as people can track sellers and then target them. A long time ago, I had a really bad experience on ebay and lost a substantial sum of money (before the insurance protection now exists for buyers). The seller was in Portugal and at the time I had been targeted by email, based on my buying trends prompting me to some nice items for sale (not slots, but another collecting habit I had for a while)......I got greedy and got sucked in.....the loss was almost £1000 and the police were not interested......I guess the private protection would have prevented this, lets face it proper auction house are not allowed to give out details of buyers, as I beleive they are protected by the Data protection act.....ebay seems to get around this or maybe this is why this was introduced this service !PUZZLED!
ilovemyjukebox

Post by ilovemyjukebox »

Well Bob...

I would have had one or two off you,Like we agreed, and perhaps a few bits more as I am new to this
but you decided to sell them from under me....

Personally I don't think you would have got any more for seven than you would for nine and you would have had my money too..

Hey Ho...
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

yes i would of had a couple in the plan of making one at a price ,but i wouldnt pay £800 for 2 . any thing is only worth what some one will give !PUZZLED!