Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
gameswat

Bang! Zoom! Straight to the moon!

Postby gameswat » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:44 am

Hey guys - just bought this cute coin shoot Allwin, don't have it on me yet but from the nice quality and trim I'm thinking very likely BMCo "Shooting The Moon"? Anybody else have one or any info? If it is BMCo then it would've had a marquee that I'd like to restore. Cheers.
moon allwin face.jpg
moon allwin.jpg

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Bang! Zoom! Straight to the moon!

Postby pennymachines » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:13 pm

How's this one progressing? As you say, it has to be BM Co. I just found this image of a double loop The Way to the Moon from one of the AA Co. auctions - also believed to be BM Co.
ShoottheMoon.jpg

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:23 pm

Hey Pennymachines, thanks for that pic. Been meaning to post about this for weeks. The machine arrived a little while ago from NZ and is in nice overall condition. The shipping and packing cost me more that it should've as the postage company sent the door and cabinet in separate boxes. Still, no damage which is always a chance when you trust someone else to pack. I've seen many pieces that have survived forever to be ruined by poor eBay sellers, luckily other peoples that are brought to me for repair! On first inspection I'd thought that the lack of a thumb plate and any nickel plating on the castings meant it was certainly not BMCO. But that really cool Way To the Moon looks the same as mine. So my faith is restored. I found a pic of another similar BMCO that is probably called "Shoot The Moon", since in my game you actually want to shoot the stars, not the moon which loses the penny. (pic attached) I've been too busy to spend much time on it but did replace the two locks with nice old original examples. And also spent some time repairing a few probs. I'm still yet to figure out how to make the coin fire correctly as it barely makes it half way around usually. The playfield has had minor retouching from coin wear to the paint, I'll repair this later. Cabinet has been nicely stripped but the back was left untouched and shows about 8 layers of different colour paint, so this game has had a hell of a life. Seller told me he bought it in Australia about 12 years ago and shipped to NZ. Will post some pics soon.
bmcdg3.jpg
bmcdg3.jpg (17.31 KiB) Viewed 5273 times

daveslot

Postby daveslot » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:33 pm

This is one of my old machines. I presumed it was called Shoot the Moon. I also used to have a Shoot the Stars which is different to yours. I will try and post a pic if I can find one.

jingle

Postby jingle » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:28 am

Yes I have one of these but it vends a prize. Can't remember if it drops a coin too. It's tucked away at the moment
I have a Bryan's Rockets that does both - pays a prize and gives you cash too, but I forgot to look at BM Co. and whether they worked off a similar idea.
Here's a picture of mine. It's of the larger allwin.
PICT5361.JPG

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:32 pm

I had a large BMCo prize machine that was similiar to this but with cups, it would payout whatever you placed inside the compartments, so you could vend anything up to a large size cig packet and or coins if you wanted.

I noticed that the Way To The Moon machine has a star on the playfield that looks very much like the ones on my machine. Does it cover a lose hole or is it just artwork?

jingle

Postby jingle » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:59 am

It's just art work. I think there are lose cups in the moon, but it's been a couple of years since I looked at it and it's not at home to take a closer look.

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:33 am

Jingle - I'm talking about the 1st machine pictured or are both yours?

Here's a link to the BMCo payout mech that will be in your machine - http://www.melright.com/slots/bmcauto.htm

daveslot

Postby daveslot » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:21 am

Found it.
Picture 025.jpg

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:37 am

Hi Daveslot, That's quite a machine, never seen that one before !PUZZLED! looks like a lot of skill is needed to win here..... :tarah: