CONVEYOR on Ebay-UK

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
john t peterson

CONVEYOR on Ebay-UK

Post by john t peterson »

All right, fellows. For all who have talked about the CONVEYOR game that got away, here's your chance.

Ebay # 180299539881.

It's a good looking machine from what I can see. Good luck!
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Re: CONVEYOR on Ebay-UK

Post by coin-op »

It's actually item number 130299539881, the larger number you gave was our national debt. :!:
Attachments
conv.JPG
livinginthepast

Post by livinginthepast »

Is this the same one that sold on ebay three or four ago for £550?
(before i could get my bid on)
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

livinginthepast wrote:Is this the same one that sold on ebay three or four ago for £550?
(before i could get my bid on)
Hi :D ,This version is a lot easyer to win on as well, as there is larger ratio of red to yellow spokes on the wheels, some versions have alternate red and yellow spokes cutting down your chances of getting to the top :tarah:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The vendor is a very respected member of the slottie community as is his dad. I currently have two machines in my collection from him that I plan to keep. A safe pair of hands to buy from is my opinion. :D
livinginthepast

Post by livinginthepast »

i meant to say three or four weeks ago
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

''This version is a lot easier to win on as well, as there is larger ratio of red to yellow spokes on the wheels,''
Well spotted slotalot; I missed that one! All Conveyors should have alternate long and short spokes on the wheels, set out equally apart. I guess it shouldn't be too hard to put right; basically a bit of rod, a saw and some soldering.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Badpenny wrote:The vendor is a very respected member of the slottie community as is his dad. I currently have two machines in my collection from him that I plan to keep. A safe pair of hands to buy from is my opinion. :D
Bought a machine off him years ago, when I'd just started collecting.
Top bloke.
rippyspennyarcade

Post by rippyspennyarcade »

Yes , This IS The Same Conveyor, That Appeared On E Bay For A Few Hours About 3 Weeks Ago , I Was Thinking About The £699 BUY IT NOW PRICE , Next Second ,It Had Ended With A BEST OFFER Of £550 ,Offered By mhjh2604 , Sold By bargains_galore_instore , I Notice The BUYER Has Quickly Made A NICE- PROFIT , Because At This Moment ,There Are 20 Bids , The Price Is £738 , And , THERE'S ONE DAY TO GO !!!!!!! Think The Initial Seller Was Too Hasty , And If He Dare Look Now , He Will Definately Be REGRETTING That BEST OFFER , What Will The FINAL Price Be ?????? TUNE IN TOMORROW ,,,SAME BAT TIME , SAME BAT CHANNEL , Hang On , That Was Something Different !!!!!! 24 HOURS LATER , AND IT WENT FOR , £770 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by rippyspennyarcade on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Well, I guess we would all like to buy at the best price, but it still doesn't seem too bad at the moment* if you are able enough to sort out a couple of minor issues...now if we could only pop back in time and buy it for it's original price of...I guess...around £45, that would be the thing to do!!

* Price of machines can go up SkEpTiCaL ...price of machines can go down :blub:
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

If you look in the the Carter's book at the Conveyor, it says beware of repros? Has anyone ever seen a repro Conveyor? :-?
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Jimmy,
The only repro Conveyor I have seen was featured in the April 2002 issue of John Hanson's one time magazine Vintage Penny Arcadia, sadly no longer in print :( , They were made by Simon ? of Nottingham. With the Conveyor you had to get the ball from the bottom to the top of the machine, with the Rollercoaster you had to get the ball from the top to the bottom. Two well-made repro machines and openly presented as such... I wonder were Simon is now?.. :tarah:
Attachments
conveyor.jpg
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Yes those machines look good in their own right (where are they know??). I've never heard of Simon of Nottingham though. Thanks for that. :P
bob

Post by bob »

There is an Australian copy called Elevator. The mechanism is exactly the same but it lacks the beautiful art deco graphics. I've got a photo or two somewhere of one of these and post it when I can find it.

A Conveyor was also sent to a coin op machine manufacturer like Taito or Sega in Japan in the Seventies by an Australian operator. The Japanese manufacturer made a most elaborate copy in the early Eighties with lots of chrome and plastic and coloured lights, like a pachinko. Same principle of play but much more sophisticated elaborate electro mechanical mechanism.
I saw a flyer for the machine and the machine itself, but didn't take a photo as it was not an "old" machine.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Powell Automatics also made a version when Carter was writing his book, if memory serves me right, which was pretty much identical to the originals except for a 10p coin selector and other interior components making it suitable to operate in a modern arcade.
bryans fan

Re: ROLLERCOASTER on Ebay-UK

Post by bryans fan »

There is a Roller Coaster just appeared on eBay: Item number: 250414289699.
Attachments
rollercoaster.JPG
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

STEVENSON & LOVETT Conveyor

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

There are 5 repros on ebay now. Are these the fine work of anyone here? They look pretty good.

CONVEYOR ON EBAY
Attachments
conveyor.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Item number: 250577338718
Item location: Sutton-in-Ashfield, United Kingdom

I'd guess they are being sold by Simon as he lives near Sutton-in-Ashfield ............ seems he's been busy!
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

They certainly do look good but for £1500 I would have thought that sum of money could buy an original.

Get yours out of the shed Jerry !