The Slot-Tronic

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
treefrog

The Slot-Tronic

Post by treefrog »

This has to be be the oddest idea, a Mills Hi Top that is linked into a drinks dispenser, where you can exchange your wins for a Martini. This could reduce the queues at the bar, what a great idea.... :mad:

"THE SLOT-TRONIC SYSTEM IS EQUIPPED WITH A BASIC SLOT MACHINE WHICH IS OPERATED, AS IS A NORMAL SLOT MACHINE, BY INSERTING A COIN AND PULLING THE LEVER. SHOULD A WINNING COMINATION BE DISPLAYED ON THE KM-803 SLOT-TRONIC, A COUNTER ON THE UNIT WILL DISPLAY THE NUMBER OF FREE DRINKS, OR FRACTIONS OF DRINKS, THAT HAVE BEEN WON"

"THE PLAYER CAN ELECT, AT ANY TIME, TO RECEIVE HIS FREE DRINKS BY SELECTING DRINK FORMULAS ON THE DIAL OF THE KM-801 BAR-TRONIC OR COMP-U-BAR AND PRESSING THE START KEY"

"EVERY DRINK DISPENSED WILL THEN BE SUBTRACTED FROM THE ACUMULATIVE WINNINGS. SHOULD THE PLAYER ELECT, HE MAY RECEIVE TOKENS IN THE AMOUNT STATED ON THE WINNINGS ACCUMULATOR"

"WHERE STATE LAWS PROHIBIT GAMES OF CHANCE SUCH AS SLOT MACHINES, THE KM-803 SLOT-TRONIC IS EQUIPPED WITH A UNIT CONTAINING UP TO 1,000 SEPARATE RANDOM QUESTIONS.......NEXT TO THE ANSWER SECTION ARE THE AMOUNT OF DRINKS WHICH CAN BE WON BY ANSWERING THE QUESTION CORRECTLY"
THE SLOT-TRONIC WAS MANUFACTURED BY THE K&M ELECTRONICS COMPANY OF BALTIMORE, MARYLAND, USA
Attachments
martini.jpg
slot-tronic.jpg
bryans fan

Re: The Slot-Tronic

Post by bryans fan »

Somewhat bulky for home use I fear!
I have a funny feeling that it didn't catch on!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Any idea when it dates from?
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Badpenny wrote:Any idea when it dates from?
Hi BP :D , Im glad you asked that question because haveing nothing better to do I have been cleaning out the back corner of the internet again and have found this :oops:
It looks as if the company was formed in 1964 and in 1966 they were issueing shares to get money for the KM-1000. I think the KM-803 must have been a one off, have a read and see what you think, :tarah:
Attachments
K&M2a.jpg
K&M 1a.jpg
K & M Electronics Company.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Thanks big S ............ coincidently I was cleaning out around the back of my compost bin and found I have one!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I want one. I don't particularly like slots and I don't drink Martinis but that baby would really dress up my living room. SkEpTiCaL

John Peterson
Your American Lush
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

John T. Peterson wrote:I want one. I don't particularly like slots and I don't drink Martinis but that baby would really dress up my living room. SkEpTiCaL

John Peterson
Your American Lush
Hi John :D , Its certainly a novel way to get a Martini with two cherries......or should that be three bells?? :mad:
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Vending machines for alcohol, hmm.... That's not a field well-known for its appeal to licensing authorities. Combine it with the evil gambling machine and you have a product seemingly tailor-made to push the hot buttons. The fundamentalist sermons would write themselves!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

C'mon Peterson, who are you kidding, we all know what you pilots get/got up to on those long boring flights, stewardess on the lap, Martini in hand...............
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................!