Parkers "Journey Into Space"

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
john t peterson

Parkers "Journey Into Space"

Post by john t peterson »

What in heaven's name is going on over there? A Parkers "Journey Into Space," (Ebay 280414970499) just closed out at 1,750 GBP !?! Am I missing something? Does this foreshadow a killing for all you anxious sellers at Jerry's auction this month?? Keep this up and I'll ship all my collection back across the Atlantic, sell for a fabulous sum, and retire.

Wait, I already am retired.

Never mind.

John Peterson
Your Amazed American Correspondent
Attachments
JourneyIntoSpace.jpg
Last edited by john t peterson on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
rippyspennyarcade

Re: Parkers "Journey Into Space"

Post by rippyspennyarcade »

I Was AMAZED Myself At The Ending Price for That Parkers Journey Into Space Machine ! , Not The First Time That A Allwin Final Price Has Gone OVER THE TOP , On E Bay , Remember That Oliver Whales Dodgem ? , Two Thousand Quid Plus !! , We Can't Explain It Over Here ! , Well I Can't !!! Maybe Someone Else Can Try , Next We Have The WONDERS FLYOVER , I Suggest That Will Probably Also Exceed My Valuation , It Really Does Make You Wonder, WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON !!!!!!!!! , More Replies Please .
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

Interestingly, someone told me that this is the same machine which sold about 3 months ago on eBay for around £760. If that is the case, we are heading for some rampant inflation!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I cannot recall if the machine just sold is the same as the previous "Journey Into Space" but I do know the previous winning bid: 770GBP. Yes, I do have records going back years, and yes, I am in therapy.

John Peterson
Your American Psycho
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I learnt a long time ago that auction prices don't mean a lot out in the real world. For every crazy price there's always a handful of bargains for the discriminating buyer. I've never used an auction price to base my value on a machine. Obviously with a lot of deals being done via eBay these days it does help to keep in touch with what's hot and what's not. I remember selling a Kiss flyer from my father's office filing cabinet on US eBay back in 1998. I started it at 99 cents and the end sale price was $248usd! Now if anybody had ever walked into our factory and known we had it I'd have asked $50aud and thought I'd done well if I'd sold it. Within the next week at least three more flyers were for sale on eBay all with starting prices close to my selling price and none had a bid. And I never saw another bring anything like that. Right place at the right time, that's what makes auctions exciting.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

I too have been watching with amazement the prices some Allwins have been making recently. I can only say it never happens when I try to sell anything! :cry:
I have often been in the wrong place at the wrong time, but not often the right place at the right time. I find that whatever I want is rare and expensive, but when I come to sell it no one wants it!
I think it must be new collectors who don`t know much about slot machines, or two wealthy people bidding against each other. I do think it is a bit of a hiccup as I can`t see prices shooting up to this level, and I doubt it can continue. I do hope they go to Coventry though for the two J`s sake!
There has been a real shortage in the last year or so of anything other than run of the mill machines, so I guess anything slightly rare or not seen for some time will attract a premium. I think a lot of collectors bought when prices were high a few years ago and are reluctant to put stuff back on the market and make a "loss". I think it is all relative and anything is only worth what someone will pay. I for one have welcomed the more realistic prices of recent times and hope we are not returning to silly prices again.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

It will be interesting to see if this was a fluke as a Sputnik variant is up on ebay with a buy-it-now not far from the previous sale.....280421276559

I wonder if the Coventry auction will be able to attain such prices, I had better go through the piggie bank... Having said this, I was seriously tempted to go for my first Allwin, one of the many Wonders that Coin Op has had on ebay recently, especially the Wonders Fruit, which I love the bandit theme and the fact it has a payout up to 8 coins, very nice looking machines. There are a couple more still running....
Attachments
sputnik.jpg
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Have to say that the Journey Into Space has got to be my favourite allwin graphics of all-win time! Dead sexy for sure.