Stolen Jukebox and Bandit

Report and help us track them down.
jukeboxlol

Stolen Jukebox and Bandit

Post by jukeboxlol »

Hi All
Jerry kindly said I could post details about 2 machines I had stolen from my Workshop in Maldon Essex
1 Rock-ola model Tempo 1 120 Jukebox made in 1959 fully restored rechromed etc
1 Mills operator bell with add on Jackpot stop buttons and missing Gooseneck (blue sides)

Any information please contact Laurence on 07976 366276 £1000 reward leading to return of Jukebox
Attachments
124a.jpg
IMG_4212a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Stolen Jukebox and Bandit

Post by badpenny »

Laurence .....

That's awful news, also I'm sorry that 8 of our members viewed your post and ignored it.

Have you any serial numbers and/or additional photos.
It would appear that you were targeted specifically for those machines then?

The bandit looks easily identifiable if only by its paint scheme.

Please give us as much information as is available and we'll spread the news.

Badpenny
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I am sorry to hear about this mate, I think you showed me this bandit when I bought a Hi Top if you a while back......That is a lovely looking Jukebox, will definitely keep my eyes peeled as I am your neck of the woods,

B*$st#@ds .-~~~-.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

How do you nick a jukebox??? they weigh a ton!!! I hope they get the scrote and "dink" him :evil: ... hope you get the machine back soon.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

badpenny wrote:I'm sorry that 8 of our members viewed your post and ignored it.
I'm sure they studied the pictures, committing them to memory, and will join the rest of us in keeping an eye out, in case these turn up for sale somewhere.
JC

Post by JC »

Laurence emailed me with news of his stolen machines, and I suggested he post details here on the Stolen Machines forum................but I've now noticed it's gone. So what happened there then? !PUZZLED!
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

That sucks Laurence and yep, quite probably targeted.
Have you had strangers around to view prior to a prospective sale?
That's one thing that scares the heck out of me and if someone's interested I drag the machine in question to my workplace..
Fingers crossed for a return.
andydotp
Last edited by andydotp on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Badpenny wrote:That's awful news, also I'm sorry that 8 of our members viewed your post and ignored it.
And I was one of those 8 but certainly did not ignore it. In fact, I have the pics of the items on my machine just in case I see them in future. I for one now what it is like to have machines stolen - it leaves a bitter taste.

I have, as Mr Pennymachines said, "studied the pictures, committing them to memory, and will join the rest of us in keeping an eye out, in case these turn up for sale somewhere".
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Apologies all, I reacted over the top about members ignoring posts. As it's my first reaction to offer assistance and solace I put myself in The OP's situation and wondered how I'd feel after posting the bad news to see it'd been read but nobody piped up. As The Yoof say "my bad".
Wrists well and truly slapped! !SORRY!

As others have said, if your business necessitates displaying valuables it's a real risk that they can come and weigh you up first.
They must have come Mob Handed and equipped. Bastards !!RANT!!
I think the bandit is most easily identifiable, I know it can be repainted but it is missing the gooseneck which is quite visible.

I take it the Jukebox is fully working and hasn't any peculiarities that would help identify it?

I hope you hear and soon, keep us advised.
Best of luck
Badpenny
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Sorry BP, no apology required, I'm sure. Didn't mean to add injury to injury by slapping your sore wrist - honestly. ;-)
JC wrote:I suggested he post details here on the Stolen Machines forum................but I've now noticed it's gone. So what happened there then? !PUZZLED!
As mentioned in Feedback (July), the category was removed after a few years of inactivity and the posts were placed in Open Forum because I thought we wouldn't need it again.
Ill-founded optimism, alas - the category is restored.