Pig in a Poke? You decide

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!

Pig in a Poke?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Genius
55%
Sitting on the fence
9%
Goat
36%

Total votes: 22

pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Pig in a Poke? You decide.

Post by pennymachines »

roger wrote:I'M NOT SHOUTING...
Badpenny was referring to your use of CAPITAL LETTERS. Please could you type in lower case. All those sharp angles hurt my sensitive eyes. :o
roger wrote:I TRIED TO VOTE A SECOND TIME AND WASN'T ABLE TO....roger
Ha Ha - you naughty boy! :tut
Let's leave rigging to US elections.
Slot Machine v. Voting Machine
Slot Machine v. Voting Machine

I'm still weighing up the pros and cons - I take my voting rights very seriously! !PUZZLED!
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

And be careful of that fence, I got splinters in places I can't mention. !!RANT!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You can be on the fence and still be on your own.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.14 KiB) Viewed 2793 times
JC

Post by JC »

Like Mr PM, I shall reserve judgement for the time being.
Note to Roger: I think you may have missed the point in BP's post..............he was just being, er..........Badpenny. As for flunking maths (yes, in this country we say 'maths' - short for mathematics) in second grade (I've no idea what that means - obviously an Americn term), I just wondered how you came up with 60 cents a mile? 1283 miles at a cost of $200 comes out at roughly 15.6 cents per mile.
scottie

Post by scottie »

I am voting Genius.

So ....how does the machine play???? !PUZZLED!

scottie
roger

Post by roger »

Hi JC.......I WON'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO TEACH YOU AMERICAN ENGLISH BUT HERE IS A LEASON IN GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE.....JP SPENT $200 FOR GAS BUT THAT DID NOT INCLUDE DEPRECIATION.....IN TOTAL, IT COSTS 60 CTS PER MILE TO OPERATE A MOTOR VEHICLE ...AND THAT DOES NOT EVEN INCLUDE TOLLS, FLAT TIRES, TOILET ENTRY, OR PERHAPS AN OVERNIGHT AT A MOTEL.......AS I GIVE THIS CONTEST MORE THOUGHT...JP REALLY GOT STUCK
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Hi roger,
Maybe Caps Lock is shouting in this particular context.
It's great to have such a diverse range of opinions isn't it?
andydotp

(after you BP)
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hi roger ....

I've re read it all now, and have to say I agree with you totally. Except that when I had a job they paid me 45 of our pennies for every mile I drove, but that had to cover all running costs and not just distilled petroleum spirit (luckily we only have one Toll Road here) and it's almost impossible to get so far away from home you have to stay in a hotel.
I've just checked his mileage and from where I live I'd end up in Stuttgart. That is an ambitious dash for anyone except perhaps Hitler.
How Far Can I Go?
How Far Can I Go?

In this god forsaken part of the world that distance would cost me 270 of our English Pounds which is .......
270 British pounds sterling = 434.6730 US dollars

So! I ask you ...Who is the goat now then feller? !THUMBS!

Badpenny

ps I noticed whilst reading the thread again that JTP has added " My brother lives fairly close to the destination" so as it's a French machine he may be best able to help him look for spares what with being in Stuttgart.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Scottie wrote:So ....how does the machine play?
See video in Treefrog's post on the first page.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

THe cost of the trip is ,of course, not the issue, only the risk of ending up with a lemon verses the cost, We are voting on "was it a good idea to buy this particular machine" We are not saying is the cost acceptable if the machine is a good one but is the cost acceptable if we have no idea what the machine is like. The vote would be meaningless if looked at in hindsight ie yes he was a genius because the machine turned out to be good or no hes a goat because the machine was an empty box. The vote is " unseen was it worth the risk" :didact:
by the way the other .4cts was for cans of red Bull to keep him going , the whole trip only took hin 13 hrs you know :burp:
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

1200 miles in 13 hours ....there should be considerable revenue gain from the movie. A cross between like 'The Cannonball Run', 'The Transporter' and 'Dukes of Hazard' ......I'll do the casting for Daisy Duke.
Looks more like a genius every day.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

A remember a highly modified La Giroutte (Pin-Up Girl) sold at a 1995 Vegas auction for around $1900usd. And I sold my Pin-Up girl conversion years ago for $3300 aud.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

As for the moving expenses, so what? If you knew the money I'd spent over the years shipping 100 + basket case machines in from the US and UK you'd think I was insane. Crating/packaging + Shipping + Import Duty & Sales Tax = Expensive! But I happen to live in Australia and love these machines, amd not much turns up here. So you do whatever it takes if you're really into it. And i don't regret any of the purchases. Since I do all the restoration myself I've always made money down the track or at worst broken even in a few cases.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

So only 13 people interested in this thread, that is a bit dissapointing :(
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It could appear at times Arrgee that slot collectors are often agog with disinterest and spend a lot of their time on the edge of their seats with indifference.
Take a Butcher's Hook at this
roger

Post by roger »

JP ADDED TO HIS ORIGINAL POST WITH ADDITIONAL INFORMATION....HE HAS SUGGESTED THAT YOU MAY NOW WANT TO CHANGE YOUR VOTE........HOW CAN I POSSIBLY CHANGE MY VOTE WHEN I WASN'T EVEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO RIG THE RESULTS WITH MULTIPLE VOTES ???????????
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hey Roger - I see your Caps Lock is still STUCK ON. Have you tried WD40?
roger wrote:HOW CAN I POSSIBLY CHANGE MY VOTE WHEN I WASN'T EVEN ABLE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO RIG THE RESULTS WITH MULTIPLE VOTES ???????????
OK Roger, I've now set the poll to allow this - only one vote, but you can keep changing it until the 24th!
scottie

Post by scottie »

Gameswat wrote:As for the moving expenses, so what? If you knew the money I'd spent over the years shipping 100 + basket case machines in from the US and UK you'd think I was insane. Crating/packaging + Shipping + Import Duty & Sales Tax = Expensive! But I happen to live in Australia and love these machines, and not much turns up here. So you do whatever it takes if you're really into it. And i don't regret any of the purchases. Since I do all the restoration myself I've always made money down the track or at worst broken even in a few cases.
I couldn't agree more.... I spent more money on HOTELS, FOOD, GAS and LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALLS and a ton of hours/days driving all over going to antique shows and hunting down leads..
I have been on lots of goose chases... I remember getting a lead on a guy who had 4 or 5 slot machines... I had received his phone number, so I called and made plans to meet... After getting up at dawn, drove for hours, found this "junk" shop, I was going down a set of stairs and we didn't make it to the bottom of the stairs when I saw 4 or 5 TOY slot machines... I said to the guy 'are those the machines there?'....'yap'.... 'OK, sorry, but I don't buy toys, just the real thing'........ Just part of the hobby :dammit:
scottie.
roger

Re: Pig in a Poke? MEMBERS AMONG THE LIVING..

Post by roger »

619 HITS ON THIS POST YET ONLY 17 VOTES IN THE POLL........ARE ALL UK MEMBERS THAT DISINTERESTED OR CAN'T YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO VOTE ?????????.....THIS SITE IS LOTS OF FUN BUT IT NEEDS YOUR PARTICIPATION TO REACH ITS FULL POTENTIAL........roger
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Pig in a Poke? MEMBERS AMONG THE LIVING..

Post by badpenny »

roger wrote:619 HITS ON THIS POST YET ONLY 17 VOTES IN THE POLL........ARE ALL UK MEMBERS THAT DISINTERESTED OR CAN'T YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO VOTE ?????????.....THIS SITE IS LOTS OF FUN BUT IT NEEDS YOUR PARTICIPATION TO REACH ITS FULL POTENTIAL........roger
Roger you've had 4 requests not to post in capitals yet you persist and have 7 on this thread ...... are you that disinterested or can't you figure out how to turn them off ????????..... This site is lots of fun but it needs your participation to reach its full potential ..... Badpenny

Here lies Strife