My new Pacman Coin Pusher, from scratch

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
venumx

My new Pacman Coin Pusher, from scratch

Post by venumx »

Hello, my name is Verdonck Toby (Dutch)
And since my 14-15 years I have been interested in building a coin pusher, but I didn't succeed - it was too big, it wouldn't fit through the door :) but hey, I was a kid back then. :)
Now I am 30 and I completed my Pacman Coin Pusher (proud).
On board it has, sounds, coin-hopper, playfield with bonus feature, coin changer for 1€.
I hope u guys like it :)
My small build log is here -> http://users.telenet.be/venumx
(don't kill me about the build log... it's my first ever).

I did almost 6 weeks over this build (after work). I spent almost 600€ (without coins)

Please guys, I'm dying here :HaHa: tell me what u guys think. !!>*<!!

Thanks to everybody who wants to take a look :)
jimmy55

Re: My new Pacman Coinpusher , from scratch

Post by jimmy55 »

Nice one Toby ..... I almost felt I was in the arcade !THUMBS!
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Fantastic job Toby,well done and welcome to the forum.
highfield

Post by highfield »

Hi Toby
Just watched your YouTube video.
What a brilliant job you made of your machine. Really like the bonus feature
John
!!THUMBSX2!!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Probably the best Home Made Pusher I've seen.
Well done and welcome to Pennymachines.co.uk

BP !!THUMBSX2!!
moonriver

Re: My new Pacman Coin Pusher, from scratch

Post by moonriver »

Great job, the most common thing about home made pushers is that they usually couldn't be operated in a real arcade as they'd get emptied very quickly but this one has lock out and tilt and has a high % return so it looks interesting to play and looks good too.
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

One question I'd love the answer to is how do operators keep those high value notes floating on top of the coins without them ever moving .......is it as basic as sellotape !PUZZLED!
venumx

Post by venumx »

The answer is Simple , because of the low weight of a bank note, the coins Just move below It :) tested It myself ,
Thans To everybody the had feedback on my pusher , really makes It Worth While :)
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Well it was worth the 15 year wait!! What an amazing machine. I can`t believe it only took 6 weeks to build! It is far far better than any other "Homemade " pusher I`ve ever seen and way better than some Manufactured ones! You must be really pleased to say the least. Far beyod most peoples capabilities. !WORSHIPFULL! !WORSHIPFULL! !WORSHIPFULL! .:*+*:. !!MEXWAVE!!
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Absolutely fantastic job Toby, well done you should be very proud of yourself. !!THUMBSX2!!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Not a lot I can add to the above comments !!THUMBSX2!!
Nice Machine !WORSHIPFULL! !WORSHIPFULL!
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

jimmy55 wrote:One question I'd love the answer to is how do operators keep those high value notes floating on top of the coins without them ever moving .......is it as basic as sellotape !PUZZLED!
With pushers in the UK the total amount won per game should not exceed the jackpot allowed in relation to the stake i.e. 2p play/ £5 jackpot. Putting higher denomination banknotes on a pusher play field isn't allowed, but is frequently done by operators .
£5 and £10 notes are often used and placed flat in the middle of the play field nearest the moving deck and slightly off centre. From this position if you were to use a time lapse camera you would see the note move forward and either to the right in a curve ( or to the left, if off centre on that side) and follow the faster 'flow' of coins to the lose chutes at the sides ( and usually moved back to their starting position at the beginning of each day). Only the note placed dead centre would make it ( far more slowly than the others ) to the front. As all the coins look the same you dont notice the flow in play. This is greatly emphasised if the play field is ramped on the front edge to stack the coins up. On some older pushers dome head screws were used near the front edge , out of sight under the coins, to deflect more coins sideways rather than forward
venumx

Post by venumx »

Interesting To know , thanks :)
venumx

Post by venumx »

New small gameplay movie online.

Greetz

geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

Excellent job,
I’d love to make a coin pusher, shame you don’t have any drawings or designs to share.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

moonriver wrote: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:44 am
jimmy55 wrote:One question I'd love the answer to is how do operators keep those high value notes floating on top of the coins without them ever moving .......is it as basic as sellotape !PUZZLED!
With pushers in the UK the total amount won per game should not exceed the jackpot allowed in relation to the stake i.e. 2p play/ £5 jackpot. Putting higher denomination banknotes on a pusher play field isn't allowed, but is frequently done by operators .
£5 and £10 notes are often used and placed flat in the middle of the play field nearest the moving deck and slightly off centre. From this position if you were to use a time lapse camera you would see the note move forward and either to the right in a curve ( or to the left, if off centre on that side) and follow the faster 'flow' of coins to the lose chutes at the sides ( and usually moved back to their starting position at the beginning of each day). Only the note placed dead centre would make it ( far more slowly than the others ) to the front. As all the coins look the same you dont notice the flow in play. This is greatly emphasised if the play field is ramped on the front edge to stack the coins up. On some older pushers dome head screws were used near the front edge , out of sight under the coins, to deflect more coins sideways rather than forward
Good insight there, I once bought an old Crompton's multi player and found that the bottom fields had very small and thin wedges screwed into the middle of them. Of course invisible when full of coins but caused pennies behind to ride up and sit on top of the those downwind. I've not seen them on other Crompton's so imagine it was an Operator addition. Also I've found the coin chutes on the side down to the cash box lined with carpet so you didn't hear them falling, while the pay out chute wasn't lined but had a couple of thin metal sheet baffles which were loose to give a rattling clatter even if only one coin fell.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Well done, you are a very clever man!!! Superb machine !!YIPPEE!! !!YIPPEE!!
venumx

Post by venumx »

Thank you all for your nice words and compliments about the coinpusher.

I sincerely appreciate it - it makes me feel good that people like it.
You Know ? I forgot I had this thread active because of some .....bad circumstances in my life, and it's great to see people still viewing this thread. !THUMBS!

Greetings toby