Locks for a Beromat /Gunther Wulff wall machine

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
tazmantic

Zeiss Ikon locks

Post by tazmantic »

Hi, just wondered what the chances are of getting keys for said locks........ I don't have any keys, but the locks do have numbers on them. Local locksmith just gave me a funny look :D
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Zeiss ikon locks

Post by pennymachines »

These are about the only ones my locksmith baulked at. He said he could do them, if I could find the blanks. I failed - but this was pre-internet days. Haven't tried since. If anyone can source them, I'd like to know too.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

A good old fashioned locksmith can make keys for old locks, it costs and I don't know about this make but worth asking.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I have also tried and failed on this front. Some people replace with other types of locks adjusted to fit.

I did manage to get a Yale one that fitted a few years back, but there is someone on ebay selling EVVA locks that look the right diameter and size. I have bought one and he has others. I got mine for less than a fiver, but I know he is after more if approached.
I know they would be a lot more from a trader/locksmith.

I will let you know the fit when it turns ups.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Arcad ... true&rt=nc
Attachments
evva.JPG
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

treefrog wrote:I have also tried and failed on this front.
Yep me too!!! :!?!: I tried to find some blanks to fit the Zeiss locks, even my tame locksmith can't get them and he is very good... :dammit: :dammit: :dammit:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

coppinpr wrote:A good old fashioned locksmith can make keys for old locks, it costs and I don't know about this make but worth asking
My locksmith, in Willenhall, the industrial capital of British key and lock-making, is about as old fashioned as they come. Maybe we should be making enquiries in Germany though.
tazmantic

Post by tazmantic »

Hi treefrog did the lock fit ?? :burp:
snorky

Post by snorky »

My local locksmith got blank keys for mine and managed to get them both working - wasn't cheap though - cost me £58 all in for 2 keys
Let me know if you want his contact details..
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Hi Snorky,
Any chance you could find out the key blank code? I don't know if it's on the keys.
This company supplies a range of Zeiss Ikon key blanks: keytrader.co.uk.
davnea

Post by davnea »

Made contact with a company called Davenport Burgess the other day and have got them to supply a full set of blanks from their catalogue which are applicable to the Zeiss Ikon & CES locks used in the German Wall Machines. Hopefully when they arrive I can identify the correct blanks for the numerous keyless locks I have. The various markings on my Zeiss locks are K2, K5, K50, and K53. I'll publish the info as soon as the keys arrive. I too have had little success in getting locksmiths to order the correct blanks for my locks so it'll be ideal to fit the actual blanks to the locks in question. It would seem that different manufacturers have their own individual blank codes as the Davenport numbers bear no resemblance whatsoever to the codes from the Keytrader list as quoted by pennymachines. !PUZZLED!
daveslot

Post by daveslot »

I've got a few blanks for these somewhere. I will stick 'em in the auction, if I can figure out how to add 1p.
davnea

Post by davnea »

Key blanks came today !!YIPPEE!! so I tried them in the various locks I have.
The K5, K50 and K53 Zeiss locks all used the S61 blank (D&B No. H0270). The catalogue also lists the alternative identical blanks, Silca-ZE5 and Errebi-ZE15PD
The K2 Zeiss locks use the blank ZE3R (D&B No. XH197)
The CES locks I have all use the CS10 blank (D&B No. H0132)
I also have ZE5R (XH339), ZE3 (XH387) and CES CS11 (H0512) blanks for which, at this time, I don't have any locks to try out. The keys are on pages 14 & 77 in Part 1 of the downloaded catalogue on D&Bs website.

Does anyone out there have any other different Ziess lock numbers to those above or perhaps some CES lock numbers? As all my CES locks have keys I haven't bothered to strip them out of their cases to obtain their numbers.

This obviously isn't the final solution if you haven't got the original keys to copy but at least you can be sure that the locksmith will get the right blanks ordered.

Dave
snorky

Post by snorky »

My keys are JMA blanks with ZE K2 on them..
tazmantic

Post by tazmantic »

Started to look at my locks again, looks like mine are K2 and K5, so looks like I can get blanks - it's just getting them cut. :!?!:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Do what I did and cheat.

Once I got hold of the blanks I removed the locks from the cabinet.
If you look along the outside of the barrel you'll see the circles that mark the positions of the pins inside.

Drill out the pins and springs, the blanks now fit in the keyhole and let you turn the lock.
Of course you could also open it with a teaspoon after you've drilled out the pins, but it looks authentic.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

One of the those replacement locks was on ebay the other week, cheap as well, pretty certain the seller had lots to sell.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291006433739? ... 1423.l2648
tazmantic

Post by tazmantic »

:D did think of that bp I've picked one and took the pins out already :lol:

So did the lock you got treefrog fit ok?
tazmantic

Post by tazmantic »

Well contacted key trader and they said they could not identify what blanks are needed from the numbers on the lock :-( so I presume looking at earlier posts that the s61 blank from D&B would be the same as the ZE5 blank from keytrader and these would fit the K5 lock :!?!:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I found that the nearest fit was to buy an example of each pattern in order to identify the correct profile.

I then found they were too thick, so holding it in mole grips so as not cook my fingers or spray blood in an arc up the wall and across the ceiling I held it against a belt sander.

Doesn't get around the problem of having it cut of course.

BP
davnea

Post by davnea »

The D & B blanks I got for the K2 (ZE3R) and K5 (S61) were a perfect fit in the locks.

They have a minimum order of something like £10 so if you're thinking of getting some it would pay you to order 1 of each of the similar sized Zeiss and CES blanks to make an order up.

I also tried a couple of locksmiths who said that they could cut the profile from a database of lock codes e.g.. xxxxx K2. Unfortunately that also drew a blank ('scuse the pun). :woops:

Dave