Play Nine Holes golf penny game

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
mei-mei

Re: Play Nine Holes golf penny game

Post by mei-mei »

Thanks pennymachines, really interesting video. So it is another type of bar top game for more than one player? Just love it - really wish I could find one somewhere. MM
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Well the question of whether to remove the second piece of glass was answered for me tonight when I lifted it up, the extra piece fell off. Perished glue I think. It hasn't made much difference to the paintwork, thank god, just a bit of paint loss at the bottom where most of the damage is anyway. Started cleaning the original with cotton buds pinched from my granddaughter and warm soapy water. It seems to be responding well although I think I am in for the long term; a very slow process. I have done my best to retain the original wooden casing, but it was in pretty poor condition with woodworm and the base has been in contact with water leaving the wood rather weak. I have had to strengthen it inside and add a few more securing screws here and there, but it should be strong enough to take the weight of the glass again. As much work as this will be, I am loving doing it. It is very satisfying to see it come to life in front of me. Any one out there know where I can get some glass paints? MM
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Test a range of paints. Quite thick acrylic paints can work well inside glass looking out. If they are too thin, Hobbycraft is the place. They do several glass paints but these also tend to be too thin as they are actually intended to be seen through but they do do a range of quite thick applications (I wouldn't call them paints, but I guess they are in reality). When applied they form quite a thick lumpy (by paint standards) layer on the inside but a solid non-see through view from the outside. I can't remember what they are called but I did put a post on here some years ago about them. Try acrylics first - if they work they are easiest to use.
mei-mei

Post by mei-mei »

Thanks coppinpr, I'll take a trip over to Hobbycraft Thursday. MM
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

From the same Japanese youtuber who uploaded the Trickler video, some cool early Japanese versions of the penny roll game.

cait001

Post by cait001 »

Yes, it's a great channel. I include a bunch of their videos in my skills flicks post. So many of the games documented in that channel are incredibly rare, so it's a real treat to have such great footage.
(My post also includes some photos of those machines, and other skill flicks)