Jubilee mech - how to attach handle?

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
treefrog

Re: Jubilee mech - how to attach handle?

Post by treefrog »

As Coppin says the one on eBay is the right type and having checked all mine have a mechanism in them, so would have to break a machine, which unless wanting whole machine would be a shame.

Other possibility would be to change the coin mechanism to the earlier type, assuming one had one and worked on the coinage you want
gerty808

Post by gerty808 »

Hi

Ah, OK, this is looking quite tricky.

The coin mech currently runs on 20ps at the moment. Does anyone know anyone who might be able to help, who I could take it to?

Many thanks.

Amy
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I may have a spare Arcadian cabinet, the later type that this type of mechanism should fit. It probably will need a paint and clean up, which I am sure you could do unless your looking for someone to do. I will update you and try and get to it as for some reason I am getting lots of requests for things. As it happens I have taken a 3 month sabbatical and will be spending lots of time going through and clearing out thinks, so hopefully can respond to people.

Funny enough 3 cabinets in Scotland appeared on eBay about 2 months ago which would have been ideal, too far for me to have bothered with.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

See what Tom can come up with as a case. If the mech fits I'll do the case for you if you want, but I am in Lewes so you would need to get both to me. :cool:
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I'm not sure the reasons for buying as you did in the first place. However, before possibly rushing to complete maybe now is a good time to stand back & think more medium than short term?

What do you want to achieve? It may better to wait or even buy a complete machine to familiarise yourself how things go together. Do you need to finish your parts to complete machine by a date? If not, maybe meet a collector local to you or near family you visit? Or go to an auction and see machines and meet other collectors who maybe don't post on this forum. Maybe someone not prepared to sell a cabinet on its own but may sell a complete machine and spare cabinet? You can always resell the other complete machine?

Anyway, just an option,
gerty808

Post by gerty808 »

Hi treefrog

Yes, that would be great.
I'm happy to do the painting myself, be good to get it working in the case you suggested. I could potentially bring it over to you?

Many thanks.

PS sorry it took me a while to respond - I was ill.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Did you get yourself sorted?

If not there is an Aristocrat Grosvenor cabinet on ebay now?