EH / Collector Connector sales

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
cheeky

Re: EH / Collector Connector sales

Post by cheeky »

bryans fan wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:48 pm According to Steve, the percentages are as follows.
Buyer`s 20% , Sellers 12% . Discounted for Colcon members by 25% , making Buyer`s 15% and Sellers 9%.
My understanding is that to use easyliveAuction.com , you either pay a £3 fee per Auction to register to bid (whether you buy or not) OR register to bid for free, and then pay 3% commission on any purchase.
I`m sure full T&C`s will be on the Colcon or easylive website/s in due course, if not there already.
As no one else is prepared to host Slot Auctions, you can either join in or abstain, the choice is yours.
Sounds fair enough. I have a sneaky suspicion that there may be a few forum members who will regret not entering machines in the first auction with Easylive. They will be mail-shotting and heavily marketing the launch slot auction.

By the way, I also hanker for the old auction days but time moves on and it’s all we have at the mo.
slotsoffun

Post by slotsoffun »

Just went to Collector Connector website and can't see anywhere that you click to enter stuff in to the auction? Not very user friendly? It has a box advertising the 29th Auction but no easy link to submit, or am I missing something???
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

To be fair, I know of no auction house that has a link to submit lots, in fact most are poor on dates to get entries in etc. You need to send a message from top bar I reckon :didact:
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

Is there a catalogue for this cyber auction?
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

I think the catalogue goes live on easylive on Tuesday. There is a page on colcon with pictures of some of the lots entered so far.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

It seems participating in an auction these days is ...
* Expensive so far as fees are concerned
* Bidding blind
* Requires the sleuthing skills of Sherlock to find out when, where, how or just about any other adverb you can think of.

BP !PUZZLED!
jingle

Post by jingle »

badpenny wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:13 pm It seems participating in an auction these days is ...
* Expensive so far as fees are concerned
* Bidding blind
* Requires the sleuthing skills of Sherlock to find out when, where, how or just about any other adverb you can think of.

BP !PUZZLED!
That’s what am talking about 🙈
scorpa163

Post by scorpa163 »

bryans fan wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:48 pm According to Steve, the percentages are as follows.
Buyer`s 20% , Sellers 12% . Discounted for Colcon members by 25% , making Buyer`s 15% and Sellers 9%.
My understanding is that to use easyliveAuction.com , you either pay a £3 fee per Auction to register to bid (whether you buy or not) OR register to bid for free, and then pay 3% commission on any purchase.
I`m sure full T&C`s will be on the Colcon or easylive website/s in due course, if not there already.
As no one else is prepared to host Slot Auctions, you can either join in or abstain, the choice is yours.
Reading the terms and conditions I can’t see anything about discounts, and it does mention viewing.
If viewing is not allowed your buying blind , and it’s tough if you by a lemon.
At least with eBay you can say it’s not as described and eBay always sides with the buyer.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You can view, you just contact Steve and go around there. I suspect he will be making himself available until auction day.

Discount is applied to those who subscribe to the Colcon service, so not part of any T's and C’s with easylive……

As has been said sooooo many times, for those moaning about lack of physical auctions, pull the pin, explode onto the scene with an auction we are loving to attend… Waiting. :HaHa:

I for one would love the physical auctions to come back, but there are none. We were also so used to low rates at the collector's auctions. Maybe if one of our colleagues has a go, then it may drive the costs down. |/XX\|
jingle

Post by jingle »

treefrog wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:31 pm You can view, you just contact Steve and go around there. I suspect he will be making himself available until auction day.

Discount is applied to those who subscribe to the Colcon service, so not part of any T's and C’s with easylive……

As has been said sooooo many times, for those moaning about lack of physical auctions, pull the pin, explode onto the scene with an auction we are loving to attend… Waiting. :HaHa:

I for one would love the physical auctions to come back, but there are none. We were also so used to low rates at the collector's auctions. Maybe if one of our colleagues has a go, then it may drive the costs down. |/XX\|
👍🏻👍🏻
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

jingle wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:50 pm
treefrog wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:31 pm You can view, you just contact Steve and go around there. I suspect he will be making himself available until auction day.

👍🏻👍🏻
jimmycowman

Post by jimmycowman »

So do you have to pay to look at the catalogue? Can't see it yet?
brianh

Post by brianh »

I suspect Steve finding it's taking longer than expected - his last email said:
"The catalogue should go live Tuesday" but added "I’ll fire round another email with details once the catalogue is all finished and everything looking good… taking a bit of time to get to grips with things for this first one of course".
Must be a huge task for his first go at an on line auction so I'm willing to give hime some slack and see what comes live by tomorrow.
sweetmeats

Post by sweetmeats »

Sale cat now on line on easy line auctions site.
cheeky

Post by cheeky »

Anyone going to the auction on Sunday? Could do with a lift. !PUZZLED! :lol:
mr merrivale

Post by mr merrivale »

Auction day today. It's been a long wait but it's arrived.
Just remember it's on line only.
brianh

Post by brianh »

Just watching the auction live - I thought it was on line only so how come there are "room" bids or does that mean the auctioneer is bidding too?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I am in the room, where are you !PUZZLED!

My guess the reserve bids are not in the system, but the auctioneer is bidding against reserve. Shame no sound :#:
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

treefrog wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:31 pm Shame no sound :#:
I agree, it's really weird watching it in total silence, and a bit boring.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Were there also absentee bids? I thought i did read you could leave them to steve. Maybe the reason there were bids from the room.