Jamieson Mini Golf/Bowl/Match, Royal Flush, Bingo etc.

American, British, French or German? We want to know about it.
moonriver

Re: Bingo machine on ebay

Post by moonriver »

Bingo machine the same cabinet as Roulette and Darts, floor standing. I've had a few of these. They look quite heavy, yet you can easily put both arms around them and lift them off the ground - deceptively light.
jingle

Re: Bingo machine on ebay

Post by jingle »

Is it the one with really dark pictures
If so it's only 200
If it's not and it's the bigger bingo machine
Like the one on the jamiesons pictures slotalot as put up
Were you fire pinballs on to the play field
Then 250 is cheap by my reckoning

Oh I liked the wording
Ian jamiesons picture use
For private use only
2 of them machines are mine
Who gave him the rights to use them
Cheek of it,,I may get the police !SHOOT! !SHOOT!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: bingo machine on ebay

Post by pennymachines »

Lousy pictures, but if it's working as advertised, £200 Buy-It-Now seems very fair. Still, it's been on for a while now but nobody's gone for it. !PUZZLED!
Bingo-floor.jpg

Bingo2.JPG

slotalot wrote:You can find info on Jamiesons and others here... http://www.slotmachines.bravehost.com/page11.html
Some super pictures there Slotalot. CoNgRaTs

The Jaleco Basket Bull looks a decent game with coin payout (more commonly ticket redemption on these), but probably too modern for the likes of us: 1993 arcade flyer.
BasketBull.jpg

coppinpr

Jamieson Mini Golf/Bowl/Match, Royal Flush etc.

Post by coppinpr »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

The Jamiesons "Royal Flush" I bought from the John Morley auction arrived today thanks to Steve's £10 delivery service and I'm very pleased with it. As I bought it through an absentee bid this is the first time I've seen it in the flesh so to speak. Considering the state of most of the machines in that auction this is in remarkable condition. A fairly modern machine it's true, but the case is near perfect (if a little dirty) and the glass and playfield are A1. It even has its original little red ball.

front start .jpg

I know this is not a popular machine and as a '70s machine (I think) it's a bit modern but it is interesting and unusual in many ways so I thought I'd give everyone a tour round it.

I guess it qualifies as an allwin-type machine, although in fact it is a no win machine, as the best you can get is a free go. Insert a coin and a timer starts (adjustable by the operator); you then repeatedly fire the ball allwin-fashion in an attempt to light ALL the playing cards in the given time For this you get a free go. Not the most appealing game I've ever seen.

The works are complete. I know this because I found an instruction manual and wiring diagram still in its original factory packet in the coin box. The instruction book is very interesting as it details each part of the cycle and which components operate each function and in what sequence.

The machine is not quite working yet (I was not surprised at this) but it's close. All the lights work and all the many many switches and solenoids look fine, but the timer is locked up somehow so it's hard to tell if it will work or not.

I'm no good at electrics and play very careful around them, so I'm going to need help sorting this out, but in truth it's very simple inside (although a little long winded for what it does). There is a very small and simple components board inside (not a circuit board as such - just two capacitors, I think) and four what look like transformers, all linked up in a line. The meat of the electrics are over 20 micro switches and more than a dozen solenoids.

back inside.jpg

front inside.jpg

The coin hits a switch and starts the timer. All the timer seems to do is release the ball and hold the solenoid in during the time span. Each time the ball falls through a new card slot, the light comes on and a solenoid trips on the back board. If all the solenoids trip during the time span, the free play button goes live and you can start the cycle over again.

I think the switches and solenoids are OK. The lights and bulbs are OK. I need to test the component board, timer and transformer, but don't know how to go about it, so help please.

full inside.jpg

Externally, this machine will come up like new. This is what I'm good at, and I'm looking forward to doing it. The electrics look, to me, to be very simple and I'll be happy to spend some money on replacement parts if needed, but I don't have the expertise to attempt it so, once again, help please.

One of the most unusual features is the lock. When I first got it, the key was in and appeared to just turn round and round doing nothing, I nearly drilled it out. Then I vaguely remembered seeing a lock once that was simply a screw bolt that screws into the rear door holding it shut, but you can only unscrew the bolt with the key in the lock. Sure enough, this is the case. You just keep turning the key till the door falls open. The plus side of this type of lock is that when you close the door you can tighten it right up with no play in the door gap.

lock.jpg

An interesting machine and one that is rare in that it represents the very end of of the era. There is much about it that highlights why this type of machine died out. The makers didn't seem to know which way to go to save the situation and their demise was, like this machine, on the cards!
slotalot

Re: Royal Flush

Post by slotalot »

Hi Paul. Looks like you had a lucky buy with this one :cool:
I have a couple of other Jamieson machines in my workshop right now, they were brought to me for repair by a collector who got them from the same auction, sadly not as good condition as yours due to bad storage, but they will be fine and dandy once finished.. !SAINT!
Any chance you can post a copy of the wiring diagram and manual and I will see if I can help with some " distance healing" on this one :oops:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Will definitely put the wiring diagram in to Resources but it can't happen for three weeks I'm travelling in the USA till then. Thanks for the offer to help, I really need it.
Thanks.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

I know I said distance healing, but you didn't have to go that far away !PUZZLED! .......... !!USA!! ....................................................... /\UK/\
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

coppinpr wrote: Thu May 21, 2015 1:07 pm ...can't happen for three weeks I'm travelling in the USA till then.
I see you are still struggling to come to terms with retirement then! :lol:
lebowski

G'day from Brisbane

Post by lebowski »

Copied & merged from G'day from Brisbane - Site Admin.

Hi All

I just picked up a Jamieson Mini Golf wall machine which has lead me here. I don't see these often in Australia and not my usual thing but it looks cool. I have a small collection of 80s and 90s pinballs and arcades and a Rockola jukebox. I probably enjoy the hunt and restoration more than actually playing so its not often I buy a working machine.

Will start looking through the forum and will post a few questions soon about the Mini Golf game.

!!CHEERS!!
gameswat

Re: G'day from Brisbane

Post by gameswat »

There was a series of Jamieson's electro-mech wall games dating early 1970s similiar to and including your Golf, that were definitely exported here to Australia in some numbers because we were operator/dealers and purchased quite a few straight from operators in the '80s and early '90s. And I've seen others around Aust so somebody was acting as an agent here.
lebowski

Post by lebowski »

Where were they usually sited? They feel like they would do well in a pub.
lebowski

Jamieson Mini Golf, Mini Bowl, Mini Match etc.

Post by lebowski »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Picked up a Jamieson Mini Golf off a local arcade forum. Not what I usually look for but I think it will a great addition to the games room. The cabinet is in a bad state with a water damaged base, most of which is not visible so will be able to replace the back and lower panel without having to match the laminex.

Checked the transformer before powering up. Put a 10c coin through the slot and that reset the solenoids and tested the swicthes. All worked as it should just needed to replace the tube in the marquee light. It missing a solenoid assembly, balls and the lamps for the golfer.

So what type of solenoids that are used as I have not come across them? I'll be able to fabricate the assembly but the solenoid will be the hard part.

Also what type and size of balls where used?

Cheers

Pete
Attachments
DSC07527.JPG
DSC07525.JPG
DSC07523.JPG
DSC07522.JPG
DSC07521.JPG
DSC07520.JPG
DSC07519.JPG
DSC07517.JPG
DSC07516.JPG
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Lebowski, I can only remember them as a kid at the one week a year Perth Royal Show in several arcades. I don't remember ever seeing any in pubs, though I'm sure they were there too. Even though I was a kid in the '70s I actually spent a lot of time in pubs with my father where he either operated or was trying to site machines. At one point in the early 1970s my father had almost 100 billiard tables sited in Perth! I especially liked exploring around the old circa 1900 city hotels he often operated in. None of which ever had elevators, so when I started working for the family full time a little later those fun hotels became a nightmare, taking 6 x heavy slate topped 1960's billiard tables down tiny winding stairwells! We never operated any of the Jamieson's ourselves just rebuilt and sold to operators and then collectors. I bet they did well in specific sites suited to the themes, bowling game in bowling alleys, golf at golf club etc. And milk bars and arcades always took this stuff.
lebowski

Re: Jamieson Mini Golf

Post by lebowski »

So the missing solenoid was made by Benson Brothers, I have ordered a similar one that should be able to fit without any alteration to the game.

Also would anyone know how many balls where in the game as well the size?

Cheers
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

You might find this history of the company interesting. It shows the other machines in the Mini Golf series.

http://www.penny-arcade.info/the-jamissons-collection
lebowski

Post by lebowski »

Thanks coppinpr, it has a great history of Jamiesons. That site and this forum popped up in my initial searches about Jamieson's, but after looking through the posts I realise that this era of machine is not the focus here.

It been interesting reading about the old slots, as in Australia it's illegal to own them. And on the local forums its frowned upon posting anything about them.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Don't get this site wrong, we are interested in ALL slots and vending machines prior to 1980, especially British made ones and we do have quite a few members from down under.
keggen1975

Jamiesons Mini Bowl

Post by keggen1975 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi,

I have bought a Mini Bowl ball game, produced by Jamiesons Automatics Ltd. Sadly it has some issues, but the price were pretty reasonable and I felt sorry for the old chap, so we made a deal and I took it home...

At first, the shooter mechanism is gone. I really need a replacement, or better, any instructions how to make a new in aluminium?

Second, the two-digits numerical display is some kind of mystic to me. At the time of powering up, it is always set at zero. As the ball is shot out, it passes through one of the nine gates, and activates an extra switch by the ball release solenoid. The display will now be lit with a random value, not for countdown or anything? Anyway, next time the ball passes the same switch, a new value is present. Still no movement or anything amazing happens. At the third time, the display always goes to zero again.

The solenoid is by the way always open, the ball is never blocked. So I can play continously till all nine gates are hit, the game ends and it pays out seven coins. At this point, the solenoid shuts and blocks the ball for further play. This is not how its gonna be?

That is the story of this one, it has the potential to be a great attachment to my two other Jamiesons Mini Bingo machines (one vertfall wall-mounted, one tilted floor cabinet).

Anybody out there with comments, hints, knowledge or better, please do not hesitate to leave it here :)

Some pics of my beauty !!THUMBSX2!!
Attachments
DSC_0004a.jpg
DSC_0005a.jpg
DSC_0006a.jpg
DSC_0008a.jpg
DSC_0011a.jpg
DSC_0012a.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Jamiesons Mini Bowl

Post by pennymachines »

:WELCOME: to the site keggen1975!

These Jamieson non-payout games are fun to play it seems, but look a bit of a handful to fix (at least to those like me, ill-versed in the black arts of electrickery).

We have little scraps of information on them scattered throughout the site so I'm going to round it all up and shove it into this newly titled topic, in the hope of making it more useful and to encourage further contributions. Fortunately, we do have Jamieson Royal flush and similar wiring diagrams

Royal Flush Flyer
Attachments
Super - Match
Super - Match
Skill Poker
Skill Poker
Royal Flush
Royal Flush
keggen1975

Re: Jamieson Mini Golf/Bowl/Match, Royal Flush etc.

Post by keggen1975 »

Thanx, appreciate it a lot !!YIPPEE!!

My two other Jamiesons Mini Bingo machines, plus my Jackpot 2000 3-reel payout and Scandomatic MAXI IV flip-a-coin (I am told this is also made by Jamiesons!) Please note the old London bus with its appeal from mid '70s, also made in Great Britain. Tally ho, chin-chin :cool:
Attachments
DSC_0022a.jpg
DSC_0018a.jpg
DSC_0015a.jpg
DSC_0016a.jpg