Recommendation for a slot cabinet

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
jpx072

Recommendation for a slot cabinet

Post by jpx072 »

Hello guys
I have aquired an awesome slot cabinet with two monitors (one is touchscreen), which is controlled by a small factor PC with 1ghz cpu and 512mb ram. There is also an interface board plugged through usb ports which has 72 pin jamma-like connector to interface buttons, coin mech, lights and everything.
Problem is that the program that was in there is dead. It was loaded on a SSD-like drive (more like USB for IDE slot) and it's completely dead.

I am looking for any recommendation for this cabinet, something that can be run on this PC that is inside (motherboard is EPIA EX (EOL) - VIA Technologies).
I was thinking MAME, but maybe you guys know about something better, not asking to send me any roms or anything (don't want to break the forum rules), just tips, names anything....

Please help me!!!
Attachments
Vector lynx II.jpg
moonriver

Re: Recommendation for a slot cabinet

Post by moonriver »

Its completely dead because the software license ran out, much the same as modern fruit machines. Now they have a life built into the software so they can't go on to be used for private/home use.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Ha ha, that’s smart.... seems to happen a lot now in electronic products... I never knew until recently digital cameras have a click lifetime built in from the manufacturers. Also I guess a way of them continuing to make money to cover software management costs and support.
brigham

Post by brigham »

There's a Forum for these, where they share the technology for getting old computerised slot machines working again:
https://www.fruitemu.co.uk/ib/
...might get you there!