Aristocrat

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
dutchboy

Aristocrat

Post by dutchboy »

This afternoon I will be looking for this Aristocrat machine. I never have owned a machine like this but buy it out of curiosity. Think I have to dive in the topics.
Greetings.
Attachments
56225F4D-B293-4EF8-9E7D-D1C0FF3C461Fa.jpg
dutchboy

Re: Aristocrat

Post by dutchboy »

Here a addition on my last post. The machine is sold to me so people don’t have to search on the internet to contact the seller any more :D . I want to experience the machine first and enjoy a little bit and then it will find his way for sure.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well I am blown, there is one in Europe....wahooooo.........if you ever decide to get bored with it. :cool:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Very nice. Bravo Dutchboy - great find... !!GOODONE!!
As you know, bandits aren't really my thing, but that one has style in abundance.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

Great looking machine.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Well it arrived at my place. Here a pic, it don’t pay out so something to do this evening.
Attachments
CC40391B-79C4-4053-8373-37885C691729a.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

!THUMBS!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Great machine Hans, but how about that bandit stand in the background? :o
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Well Paul I will put machines on everything if needed. Actually people like the stand and want to buy it :lol: . Learned a lot today, after my first post the guy who sold it did get several calls from the UK and people offered good money to him. Internet is fast these days.
I had a quick look to the slides and someone did put something between the slides :!?!: . Take them out when I have time this weekend. Also missing the lever that kick the coin from the tube to the coinbox.
Attachments
40378A19-C0F3-4B0C-B038-07269BDB6E3Ca.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Must be a theme going on as the 4th Aristocrat with slides missing in two weeks. Looks like someone has put thin spacers on the slides I assume to make it work on another coinage and removed the top 2 coin slides to make them fit, so will never pay the jackpot.... I cannot understand why so much messing goes on in the slot world. !PUNISH!

Hopefully the spacers can be removed easily and a two coin Aristocrat slide would be easy to source. Do you know what coinage ii is supposed to be on, I would guess either shilling or sixpence...
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Treefrog thanks for that, it’s playing on sixpences yes. When I was counting the awards to win I was thinking also I will miss one slide. Don’t know if I can get one over here. Probably the lower slides can’t move because of the spacers.
Don’t think it’s a keeper for me - I prefer Jennings. Maybe when he is playing well I will put him in the marketplace.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I’ll probably be able to help with an original aristo slide if needed, let me know once you take apart....

I do wonder if Aristocrat seems to have been the most talked about bandit manufacturer for the last 4 months and I never started any of the threads unbelievably. Come on where are the people talking about other slots? .....Maybe the Cheshire sale will get some blood reinvigorated.
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Well the Aristo thread popularity might be due to the fact they come up more regularly for sale than other slots and are actually affordable right now; particularly good entry machines for first purchases. We generally tell folk when they ask on here about what first bandit they should buy; an Aristo or Jubilee is standard response.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Here a little update about the aristocrat. I wonder now will it be a clubman or just aristocrat? Thanks to treefrog who has sent a slide and coinkicker to me. Now the machine is paying out like it should. In another post treefrog is asking to share more on the forum and he is right about that i think, altough i don’t have many machines and time for them. I will add some pictures also.
Attachments
266B6BB0-FBB7-4C38-8672-D4E1915AB2A1a.jpg
DB729935-C190-49BA-B184-18C95EE58272a.jpg
4C447A6C-28EF-4595-9431-126FA7BFF9D1a.jpg
brigham

Post by brigham »

Cards, not fruit.
Probably straight from Oz, then.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Clubmasters with cards (true Pokies) were quite common in UK in early 60s.
It is reputed that they were the favoured machine of The Krays who sited them in their pubs/clubs. Whether that was because they truly liked them or it was simply that crates of them fell off the back of a lorry somewhere in The East End, I don't know.

Sadly I've seen a few now which are clearly Arcadian mechs shoved into a case. Signs to look for being a grafted on tall coin entry and plastic cogs for the star wheels.

BP
brigham

Post by brigham »

I never saw a 'pokie' Aristocrat in use, although I was restricted to the arcades early on. By the time I got into the 'Licensed Premises' it was all electro-mechanical consoles, with credit counters, hold-and-draw and front-mounted 'butterfly' start levers.
Bandits in NE England were either fruit or numbers, with painted-over jackpots, and were generally well-worn.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

That was my experience as well, mainly because managers in the pub trade did as they were told and had no decision about what machines and who supplied them (still are) Even tenants (franchisees now) still are tied to the supplier either owned by the brewery or are in their back pocket.
Even a freehold owner loses control the moment they accept a (supposedly low interest) loan for refurbishment etc. they'll find themselves paying the rental, buying any licences, paying for the leccy and seeing nothing in income. It's the first thing you lose when dealing with a brewery. And JPM & Amusement Leisure are the first to visit you.

The only pub/club/restaurant operators who have the keys and keep the takings are those that truly own every aspect of the business. Hence the disappearance of the small local AWP/SWP/Juke Box suppliers these days, they can't get through the door.

I wasn't a publican until the 80s in London, but there were still plenty around who had been, their tales were worth listening to. I was told in those days if you strolled into a pub and saw a Pokie then you could safely assume the premises were either part of Reggie and Ronnies empire or the business enjoyed (gulp) the protection of "The Firm" who would visit it regularly and check all was ok while they emptied their machines.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

This morning I was surfing around the internet and came across this picture of a New Clubman. Maybe of interest for someone.

Embed from Getty Images
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

And "uncle Len" Ainsworth holding it up.