Allwin dimensions

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
geofflove

Allwin dimensions

Post by geofflove »

So I’m planning to create my own allwin. It’s not going to be a direct copy of a specific machine. However, it would be helpful to have some dimensions as a starting point, regarding the play area. Does anyone have a template or drawing with any dimensions on. For example, in the machine pictured, it would be helpful to know the positions of the tracks and positions of the cups in relations to them. I don’t know how critical these positions are to good play but it would be helpful to have some measurements as a starting point.

I don’t really want to go through the pain of building a machine where you never/always get a winning shot!

Can anyone help?

Thanks
1761926A-C1D4-4DD7-9029-CB993E0A0DA3.jpeg

geofflove

Re: Allwin dimensions

Post by geofflove »

And out of interest, what thickness of stainless steel strip is the best for the track. I’m thinking 2mm x 20mm. Is 2mm a good balance between sturdiness and bendability? Or should I be trying to get some of the grooved stuff?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Allwin dimensions

Post by badpenny »

Really the shape and dimensions are up to you.

What I think you need to get to grips with is how the play field works, things like ...

Gallery opposed to individual cups
Lose cups and where they get placed, how solid deflectors at each end of a gallery do their thing
The captured flag over a single lose hole
Bryans over sprung pins and automatic ball hammer tensioner.

They are a bit like pinball machines in so much as the play needs to be interactive and dead play to be avoided.
Your best way of learning these things really is to play. It'll soon be come obvious
Lock down allowing visit a vintage arcade or collector and spend a day playing as many different allwins as possible. As you move from one to the other you'll very quickly know what works and what appears easy but is actually a feature that requires more thinking about.

BP !SMARTY!