Exacta German One Arm Bandit

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
rippyspennyarcade

Exacta German One Arm Bandit

Post by rippyspennyarcade »

Just bought this from a friend and close inspection of the reels I saw a number that didn't belong, Peeled it off and there was FREE SPIEL , has anyone any idea HOW this Free Play would be activated, I can't detect anything , I do have a repro set of numbers but wondering if anyone has a spare ORIGINAL NUMBER 5 that I could buy, Cheers
Attachments
free-playa.jpg
123a.jpg
rippyspennyarcade

Re: Exacta German One Arm Bandit

On closer inspection there is a piece of metal just hanging LOOSE to the Left of the payout tube. Hope this helps to answer my question.
Attachments
latest2a.jpg
latest1a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I cannot make out the parts you are pointing to in the last pictures, but the free spin option has an extra disc attached to the last reel. This disc has a flat notch on one side where the free spin option lands, so on other side. There should be a lever that drops into this notch which effectively allows a lever on the end of the bar to operate the coin detection on the coin mechanism.

See picture below showing the lever that turns to select the coin detection, and on the other picture of the lever that drops onto the flat disc on the hub. I can see you have the flat disc, but you have not shared a picture from the rear.
Attachments
16E96DE0-BCDC-4C2C-9B6E-7BF3FDA1A354.jpeg
D4B7C48D-D0BD-4F3F-BF95-BCC711F2E7D2.jpeg
rippyspennyarcade

Many thanks Treefrog for your reply. I seem to recognise the part from years ago when I had one of these but sold it. I would have liked the FREE PLAY but also I am happy enough to put a number 5 over it also (Lost). A couple more pictures from the other side.
Cheers
Attachments
tre2a.jpg
tre1a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

You are unfortunately not showing the back, but the payout parts on the side, which are not relevant

Need rear and higher to see the parts as well as if you have the part that trips the coin acceptor. I suspect they maybe there and just moved so nit to trip a free play... !!UHOH!!
rippyspennyarcade

Hi Again, Are these any good treefrog ?
Attachments
tre4.jpg
tre3.jpg
tre2.jpg
tre1.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Ha ha , still no straight shot from rear, but one of the pictures, I can just see the lower rod that holds the free play lever is missing, you can see the hole in the side frame where it was.

Not sure if I have this part in my box of bits, but can check. It is a long rod like the one that operates the slide payout that extends out.......
rippyspennyarcade

Hi Again , This is the piece hanging LOOSE and not attached to anything
Attachments
LOOSE.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Some years back I posted about the Exacta that I had and waffled endlessly about its free spin function and also its re-spin button for the first reel. I was most impressed though by it's tilt mechanism which kicked in if the case was thumped, it incorporated a rod which dropped locking up all of the slides until the next play. Also a flag dropped advising the world of your cheating'ness.

However having recently offended the Pennymachines Robot it won't play with me :NBG: ... so I can't find it.

BP :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I believe it is the pendulum part from the anti tilt device missing from the machine.....but someone may correct me. I have similar devices left on mine, but missing the actual lever with the words on, see below. Again nothing to do with the free spin...
Attachments
1F09DFEA-D9F5-4E87-923F-27AEAB19DD52.jpeg
1F09DFEA-D9F5-4E87-923F-27AEAB19DD52.jpeg (42.06 KiB) Viewed 2618 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I agree TF
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

badpenny wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:37 pm ...having recently offended the Pennymachines Robot it won't play with me
You're doing it on purpose. You know her preferred pronoun. :tut

She suggests jumping back to 2013 for a touch of déjà vu, starting with this question:
tazmantic wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:15 pm ...I noticed this evening that the third reel has had extra 5s stuck on top of the original reel. Anyone know what it will say under them?
rippyspennyarcade

Many thanks for all the information. That loose part is probably the Tilt Device that you all talk about. I have decided for now to stick a 5 over the FREE SPIEL. It can always be corrected at a later date if a part becomes available. I will be making a video of the EXACTA machine today. You can all view the video on this site later.
Cheers
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Not sure I understand the point of the tilt device as these machines were meant to be wall mounted !PUZZLED! of course if you were a cruise operator they would have been a nightmare on ships :HaHa:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

pennymachines wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:48 am
badpenny wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:37 pm ...having recently offended the Pennymachines Robot it won't play with me

She suggests jumping back to 2013 for a touch of déjà vu, starting with this question:
tazmantic wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:15 pm ...I noticed this evening that the third reel has had extra 5s stuck on top of the original reel. Anyone know what it will say under them?
Errr, ....... that's all very well, but how are you at Canasta? Hmmm????
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I have checked and don’t have the parts for the free spin, also any original strips.

Seen your video posted by coin-op (below) and reel one needs adjusting. There is drag and it stops too quickly. Should be an easy fix. Probably just move the reel stop back, undoing the screw slightly...

rippyspennyarcade

Thanks Treefrog. I have no idea at all, but I see what you mean. When you get a chance, could you post a picture for me just where this screw is located. I dare not mess about when not knowing.
Cheers
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Ignore me, I have realised that there are two types of reel re-spin on Gunter Wulff machines, one just flicks the reel a few spaces (the most common) and one that has a lever that holds back the reel stop, this allows the re-spin button when depressed to provide a full spinning reel on reel one. The stopping of reel one early on this type is intentional. So all OK, the dragging noise you would need to look at, but does not seem to affect play..... !!THUMBSX2!! I continue to learn something new on these machines.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The free spin (when there's a symbol on reel 3) is a disc on reel 3 that a hammer falls into. This gives a free play on the machine not just one reel.
This rotates a thin axle (which can be seen in the video) which runs across the bottom of the casting where the coin drops into the tube, it ends in line with the cut out in the casting that gives access to the base of the trigger which catches against the coin in the gate when you pull the handle down.
When that axle rotates it turns a lever that is tightened onto it to swivel until it blocks the base of the trigger which finds the coin. This fools the mech into thinking there's a coin waiting to be played. Hence free spin, or free go or free play, whichever name you want to give it.
I'm sure that was all clear as mud, so tomorrow I'll see what I can find pictorially to post.
Rob's case doesn't have a window in the front glass to display "tilt" so either it never had that function or the mech was originally in a different case.

BP :cool:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

pennymachines wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:48 am
Thanks Mr P. I've no idea what's up with me. I simply can't be left unobserved these days. You should see what happens if I suddenly find myself unsupervised. It's stimulatingly scary, and the opportunities seem endless. I feel kind of like an unattended fire hose on full bore.

:didact: