Anyone identify this ?

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
geordy55

Anyone identify this ?

Post by geordy55 »

Can anyone identify this Allwin type machine ? Just after a name and a manufacturer.

Also, I've looked in Resources to see if there is any artwork for it, but without a name its difficult to search.

Thanks

Dave
V Allwin.jpg

gameswat

Re: Anyone identify this ?

Post by gameswat »

That would appear to be the artwork for it! Sometimes you'll find remnants of green felt glued underneath, indictating a later refurbishment. But by later 30's into 40's they were making them new with solid plastic backflashes like this.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Is this not a Saxony Allwin with a wartime revamp like Oliver Whales use to do......V for victory
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

gameswat wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:33 pm That would appear to be the artwork for it! Sometimes you'll find remnants of green felt glued underneath, indictating a later refurbishment. But by later 30's into 40's they were making them new with solid plastic backflashes like this.
Thanks, I need to replace the back flash, so was trying to identify the name of the machine so I could then try to search for a back flash.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Umm, why exactly do you need to replace it? Looks great to me. Better to have a nice old plastic a little aged than modern repro of it. You keep saying you want to find the appropriate backflash, that's it. And having never seen another exactly like this makes your game stand out, so nobody will have ever reproed it.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

My thoughts exactly. Well said gameswat, you beat me to it.
There are far too many repro backflashes flying around in my opinion!
geordy55

Post by geordy55 »

gameswat wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:22 pm Umm, why exactly do you need to replace it? Looks great to me. Better to have a nice old plastic a little aged than modern repro of it. You keep saying you want to find the appropriate backflash, that's it. And having never seen another exactly like this makes your game stand out, so nobody will have ever reproed it.
I understand that what I already have is the correct backflash, but it’s worn and I was looking to see if anyone had recreated it. But in order to search resources expediently it is easier if I have a name for the machine.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Certainly looks like a typical 1930s Saxony type allwin to me, do you have any more photos such as the whole machine and case, also pic of the internal mech geordy55