Dutch Auction Co.

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
sweetmeats

Dutch Auction Co.

Post by sweetmeats »

Dutch Auction Company auction on 10 July cat now on saleroom, well worth a look. Sale includes shooters, shockers, fortune tellers and a crane plus many other lots. The estimates seem high but the starting bids are set at half the lower estimates so guess these are the reserves. Listed also on this site's calendar.
treefrog

Re: Auction

Post by treefrog »

I am fairly certain most of this is relisted stuff that Swiss Auction company could not sell last September in Holland with the usual crazy estimates........anyone for a Bullion for 2400 :shock:

Up and coming auction in the Netherlands
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Dutch Auction

Post by pennymachines »

Yes, this was listed in the Calendar a few weeks ago. Catalogue here: Collectibles Auction Tilburg, The Netherlands

We have commented before that there's something odd about this auction. The estimates are extremely ambitious, so it's unsurprising that a high percentage don't sell. Although many do appear to sell below the minimum estimate, they frequently reappear for sale at a later date.

For example, the Bullion was previously estimated €1,200 - 2,500 and apparently went for €750 (about £681) - a fairly typical result. The very same Bullion is now estimated at €1,500 - 2,500.

The same IMO Diana shooter was advertised by Swiss Auction Co. with a buy it now for years on Invaluable, sold for €1,700 in 2016, the same price again last year, but is up for sale again.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Slot machine results now in the Arena.
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Treefrog is right I think. That’s the reason I lost interest for the auction. The Pace machine, ABT shooter I would be interested in normally, but will have issues or a lot of work. The l'eclair shooter I did see at a collector last year but I am not familiar with. Too much risk for me. I don’t think it sold for this price?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

It seemed to sell (I was watching the auction). Many items were going well below low estimate, and quite a few not selling. High estimates with much lower reserves seems to be standard at the Swiss/Dutch Auction Co.
£214+ premium for tidy-looking Aristocrats with stands. :o
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

My understanding of a Dutch Auction, is one that runs backwards, high to low.
The auctioneer mentions an amount and then drops the next bid and so on until either a buyer agrees or it's withdrawn due to not reaching its minimum reserve.
I've never attended one, but it certainly appears more transparent than a sealed bid auction. Plus if the reductions are a known amount and timed (ie every 24 hours) everyone knows exactly when it'll reach their figure and they can buy it. The closer they get to it the more they'll be tempted to increase their bid so as not to lose out for a few quid.

Just a thought
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Another Dutch Auction Co. sale on 9th-10th featuring (again) several of the machines which 'sold' previously.
moonriver

Re: Dutch Auction Co.

Post by moonriver »

It looks like a big catfish fiddle to me
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

In case anyone's interested (and hasn't noticed its addition to the Calendar), there's over 100 jukeboxes up for auction on 24th February, from the collection of Jukebox Museum De Panne in Belgium: Jukebox Museum De Panne Auction.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

While watching this sale at the weekend, I noticed some items sold by Dutch Auction Co. to Swiss Auction Co.
moonriver wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:17 pm It looks like a big catfish fiddle to me
:o