Moneytree One Armed Bandit

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
brigham

Re: Bally Money Tree

Post by brigham »

The nuts are inside the door, fastening the belly glass frame strips to the other side. There are lots of them, and it's difficult to see which ones hold the frame, and which hold other components inside the frame.
On mine, taking off the nuts didn't ease the frame, and so I had no idea whether or not I'd found them all.
There was a video on YouTube showing one being removed, but that one simply fell off. I think it had been 'prepared earlier'.
nestles

Bally (Greaves) Money Tree

Post by nestles »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

I have a Bally Money Tree and I am currently having difficulty with it accepting some 1p pieces.
Anybody any ideas?
Cheers...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Bally (Greaves) Money Tree

Post by badpenny »

I know nowt about Bally bandits, but I do know that 1np coins are often an issue in coin operated machines.
Before 1992 they were pure brass, after that date they had a steel content which was problematic around magnets and then some years afterwards we noticed a randomness in their thickness.
If you place one dated before 92 next to one in the late 90s and another from a couple of years ago you'll be amazed at the difference.

BP :NBG:
nestles

Post by nestles »

Thanks very much for the info. Looks like I am going to spend some of the later pennies. Your reply is much appreciated. Shaun
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Removing the magnet from the coin mech may solve the problem (it's a simple fix we often use). The thickness may or may not prove an issue.
nestles

Post by nestles »

Thank you. I will remove the magnet as you suggested. Just as an aside, do all the Bally Moneytree machines have the bell built in? Mine has. It looks just like an electric door bell with a timer device fitted. Works fine, and on every win too. I will post a pic if it's of interest. Thanks again.
nestles

Bally Moneytree

Post by nestles »

Post merged - Site Admin.

Hi Everyone
Does anybody know if this machine could be made to take all one penny pieces? I know the issue over different coins. I have removed the magnet on mine. Is there anything else I can do?
Thank you.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

Block the coin mech reject path.
nestles

Post by nestles »

Thank you.
nestles

Bally Moneytree

Post by nestles »

Topic merged - Site Admin

Hi
Can anyone tell me the best way to block the reject path on this machine so I can use all one pence pieces? Is it possible to do this?
Thanks.
treefrog

Re: Greaves Amusements Money Tree (Bally conversion)

Post by treefrog »

Did you confirm if it was steel pennies that were rejected, e.g. after 1992...? If so, thickness is likely to be the issue. I am not sure these S10 mechs are made or modifications available now as superseded by electronic types. You may be able to play with fine spacers, screw adjustments to get it right, but I suspect this is where you will need to head as I see the magnet has already been removed.