Moneytree One Armed Bandit

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
riche100

Re: Bally Money Tree

Post by riche100 »

I am missing parts from within the pull arm assembly. That's why the arm doesn't pull back, retract and engage the reels spinning. In this thread my last few posts I have put up diagrams of what parts I am missing.
Thanks for the replies.
nestles

Bally Money Tree

Post by nestles »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Hi,
I have just purchased a Bally Money Tree slot. It is working fine with only a couple of issues with the lighting. Does anyone have any history of these machines or bulb information?
Thanks in advance...
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I've had 3 or 4 Ballys but sold the last two I had, some years ago. Electrical issues in general tend not to be areas of expertise for some active posters on the site, including me so I generally leave it to more experienced posters to chip in and help you. I know you mentioned lighting. Maybe if you could elaborate on the issues and specify exactly with pictures too, it may prompt a quicker reply. You could also use the search facility to check if any covered previously?
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

As aristo says, photos and details are everything. If the lighting is the same as the usual "Money Honey" series it can only be three things: the tubes, the starters or the choke (or any combination of the three). All can be bought online, although the chokes are getting harder to find as they are pretty much obsolete. Let's see some photos and details of what's happening.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I take it this is the model?
Attachments
money tree.jpg
money tree.jpg (8.29 KiB) Viewed 5617 times
nestles

Post by nestles »

Thank you for your reply I will post some pictures soon.
brigham

Post by brigham »

A Greaves conversion.
There's a wiring diagram for it on here somewhere.
nestles

Post by nestles »

Does anybody know how to replace tubes/bulbs behind glass at the bottom of the machine and what type/voltage are the small bulbs at the top?
Thank you...
brigham

Post by brigham »

The belly glass has to come off to change the lighting tubes.
There are numerous small nuts to undo, after which it usually doesn't come loose. It's generally stuck solid, and you have to ease it slowly, round and round, trying not to break anything.
I've just remembered why I lost interest in these machines!
nestles

Post by nestles »

Hi
It appears that there is nothing on the outside of the machine to remove the glass. Can you tell me where the nuts are situated? Are they hidden away somewhere?
brigham

Post by brigham »

The nuts are inside the door, fastening the belly glass frame strips to the other side. There are lots of them, and it's difficult to see which ones hold the frame, and which hold other components inside the frame.
On mine, taking off the nuts didn't ease the frame, and so I had no idea whether or not I'd found them all.
There was a video on YouTube showing one being removed, but that one simply fell off. I think it had been 'prepared earlier'.
nestles

Bally (Greaves) Money Tree

Post by nestles »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

I have a Bally Money Tree and I am currently having difficulty with it accepting some 1p pieces.
Anybody any ideas?
Cheers...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Bally (Greaves) Money Tree

Post by badpenny »

I know nowt about Bally bandits, but I do know that 1np coins are often an issue in coin operated machines.
Before 1992 they were pure brass, after that date they had a steel content which was problematic around magnets and then some years afterwards we noticed a randomness in their thickness.
If you place one dated before 92 next to one in the late 90s and another from a couple of years ago you'll be amazed at the difference.

BP :NBG:
nestles

Post by nestles »

Thanks very much for the info. Looks like I am going to spend some of the later pennies. Your reply is much appreciated. Shaun
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Removing the magnet from the coin mech may solve the problem (it's a simple fix we often use). The thickness may or may not prove an issue.
nestles

Post by nestles »

Thank you. I will remove the magnet as you suggested. Just as an aside, do all the Bally Moneytree machines have the bell built in? Mine has. It looks just like an electric door bell with a timer device fitted. Works fine, and on every win too. I will post a pic if it's of interest. Thanks again.
nestles

Bally Moneytree

Post by nestles »

Post merged - Site Admin.

Hi Everyone
Does anybody know if this machine could be made to take all one penny pieces? I know the issue over different coins. I have removed the magnet on mine. Is there anything else I can do?
Thank you.
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

Block the coin mech reject path.
nestles

Post by nestles »

Thank you.
nestles

Bally Moneytree

Post by nestles »

Topic merged - Site Admin

Hi
Can anyone tell me the best way to block the reject path on this machine so I can use all one pence pieces? Is it possible to do this?
Thanks.