Laughing policeman

Building a slot machine from scratch? You're not alone in your madness.
thunder

Laughing policeman

Post by thunder »

moonriver

Re: Laughing policeman

Post by moonriver »

I'd change the laughing soundtrack for something else, as he reminds me more of a miserable 'Blakey' type character from On the Buses rather than happy and jovial, so maybe Dixon of Dock Green music, but really well made.
Your policeman reminds me of the one in the Beauty Contest model who bends his knees.
thunder

Post by thunder »

Blakey. OK. Ill have a look for something 👍
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

thunder wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:52 pm Blakey. OK. Ill have a look for something 👍
Actor Steven Lewis also played 'Smiler' in Last of the Summer Wine, so lots of good phrases from him to pull from there to add to a sound card, along with some background music.
Looking at your policeman again, that face would make an even better Blakey with a bus inspector uniform and peaked cap stood next to a bus stop. Time to make a second version !!IDEA!!
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

moonriver wrote:I'd change the laughing soundtrack for something else, as he reminds me more of a miserable 'Blakey' type character from On the Buses rather than happy and jovial
What about 'The Laughing Policeman' soundtrack by Charles Penrose, not sure about copyright but the recording is almost 100 years old - I have not heard a more jovial soundtrack
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

arrgee wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:58 am
moonriver wrote:I'd change the laughing soundtrack for something else, as he reminds me more of a miserable 'Blakey' type character from On the Buses rather than happy and jovial
What about 'The Laughing Policeman' soundtrack by Charles Penrose, not sure about copyright but the recording is almost 100 years old - I have not heard a more jovial soundtrack
I wouldn't be worrying about copyright, what's the worst that could happen in this instance?
The Charles Penrose soundtrack is much used but always dragged on until the bitter end by which point people have walked away bored, instead of the usual 30ish second run time of models with sound.
thunder has created a real character, (and a spooky likeness to Blakey), so some thinking outside the box and a bit of imagination on the sound that differs from the norm would really make it stand out. I see him being a comical miserable character, much more fun.
Blakey was the star of the show, always much imitated, and a great hit!
IMG_3788.PNG