Shefras 8 cup allwin

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
arrgee

Shefras 8 cup allwin

Post by arrgee »

Saw this recently. It caught my eye for a couple of reasons: firstly the backflash is of an identical design to that of their Double Diamond allwin (see third photo) although using a different colour scheme and secondly, this is only the third cup allwin I have seen from Shefras, the two others being Double Diamond and Selecta-Cup. This appears to be a marriage of the Double Diamond backflash and Selecta-Cup cup layout. They seem to have preferred the gallery type of design in most of their allwins. I also wonder whether this is an early Shefras or just the mech re-cased in an older cabinet.
Attachments
Shefras-1a.jpg
Shefras-2a.jpg
double diamond 2.jpg
double diamond 2.jpg (84.31 KiB) Viewed 741 times
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Shefras 8 cup allwin

Post by pennymachines »

Interesting... Although Shefras sold the Selecta-Cup (or Select-A-Cup), I think Whales made it. The cabinet on the machine above is characteristic of Wondermatics, so the mystery is what a Shefras playfield is doing in a Wonders case. :!?!:
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Yes, Wonders style case with Parkers style winning knob and traditional Saxony style hammer lever, although Parkers also used the traditional Saxony style lever design on a lot of their allwins.
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Looking at the ironmongery again on the Shefras allwin, it does bear more than a passing resemblance to the ironmongery on this Oliver Whales Jet Play.
Attachments
Jet Play.jpg