Jubilee Riviera arm return damper fix

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
denney_design

Jubilee Riviera arm return damper fix

Post by denney_design »

Hi all,

Hoping you can help. I've just got the arm to my Jubilee Riviera re-chromed....really pleased with how it looks, but upon re-assembling and testing it, the arm now flies back really aggressively, when before it returned softly....can anyone advise on this? I notice there seems to be some kind of piston at the back that the arm mech is attached to. Does this need adjusting somehow?

Thanks, Pete
tallstory

Re: Jubilee Riviera Arm Return

Post by tallstory »

Many bandits use this type of piston to 'damp' the return spring. They usually consist of a cupped leather washer inside a tube but as the leather dries out, they become ineffective. Take the piston apart, give it a good clean internally and apply glycerine to the leather washer. Don't be tempted to use mineral oil as this will harden the leather.

If the washer is too badly worn, you can get replacements on Ebay.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

there is also an adjustment screw on most slot dampers, just screw in or out a little to increase or decrease the pressure
denney_design

Post by denney_design »

Hiya, thanks for your advice. Success!! I took it apart, gave it all a good clean, the leather washer seems to be in good nick, so put it all back together, adjusted the screw and it works fine! Thanks guys!