Superior Confection cigarette gumball machine

General vintage slot machine related topics.
oldtimes

Superior Confection cigarette gumball machine

Post by oldtimes »

Hi everyone
I have a 1935 Superior Confection cigarette gumball machine that I've been trying to get parts for or make parts for the coin chute that's missing. Right now the penny just falls into the mechanism. Does anyone have pictures of the inside of the machine, what the coin chute looks like, or where I might be able to get one or make one for that matter? I've been looking for some time now.
Thank you
Attachments
IMG_2775a.jpg
IMG_2774a.jpg
coppinpr

Re: Superior Confection cigarette gumball machine

Post by coppinpr »

That's quite a rare machine and finding genuine parts would be near impossible, at least in the UK. Once you can see a photo of the inside of a complete machine it should be easy enough to make the coin entry slide. But I don't know where you would find that photo! Superior was the very first company to use dedicated cigarette reel strip symbols, but with an earlier machine, not this one. This model always had nice artwork on the case sides.
Attachments
cigsa.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Forum member Widget imported one of these from the States in 2014 - see: Superior Confection Cigarette Gum Vendor identified

But, I think he's no longer active in vintage coin-op... Morphy Auctions have some high res. images of these, but no mechs removed from the cabinet.
oldtimes

Post by oldtimes »

Thank you for the response so quickly. I have emailed Widget2k4 on the machine in question. Unfortunately, he no longer has it in his possession, so I will continue to search, and if by chance I can find a picture of the coin chute I will post it here as well.
Thank you again, and Happy Holidays everyone.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Could you possibly post close up photos of the "Clown" and "Polar" symbols? I don't have those two in my reel strip library, thanks. !THUMBS!