Goldings Jugola

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
peacock

Goldings Jugola

Post by peacock »

I'm a newbie, so go easy on me.
I've just bought a Goldings Jugola. It works sort of, but it sounds like something is rubbing as the motor turns and sometimes when you put a penny in it judders then it moves on. Also can you still get old new stock parts?
Any info would be great thanks. I should have mentioned I oiled the motor but there is a sticker on the inside of the door that's says oil cluch plates as well but I don't know were they are?
treefrog

Re: Goldings Jugola

Post by treefrog »

I assume you were the lucky winner of the Stacey’s machine below. I did view the lots there and asked if it worked and could be tested. They did not have an extension lead to try. Some of the machines were what I call collector owned, so bits replaced and modern screws here and there. I should not have done, but was the under bidder, as I cannot repair electro machines, so no help to you at all.

No there are no suppliers of parts, but some common components are seen in other machines, like relays and motors.
Attachments
87980486-BA24-45A2-A358-3830E03ADAEAa.jpg
peacock

Post by peacock »

You're right, I did get it from Stacy's auction. I thought I'd take a chance on it working properly but the case was so nice I paid a bit more than I thought I would. That's auctions for you,. Hopefully will get it running nice and smooth, with the help of the forum.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

:WELCOME:
Is it possible to detach the drive motor and turn the mechanism by hand? That might make it easier to work out what's rubbing. Some cleaning and re-lubrication of moving parts may be in order.
peacock

Post by peacock »

Thanks for trying to help I really appreciate it. It's one of them that I look at it and think right I want to start undoing things taking parts off, but then I get frightened that I'll never get it back together again.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

That's why digital cameras were invented! Take pictures of every step (and videos if in doubt).
If you get very stuck, I have one of these somewhere...

peacock

Post by peacock »

You're right, he who dares and all that. Tomorrow I'm going to take plenty of photos and get stuck in. You have given me the confidence. With you guys behind me, we'll have her running lovely.
brigham

Post by brigham »

I've not had a Jugola (possibly because of the hideous artwork), but I imagine it's the same mechanism as the Bandito and Rouletto.
If so, the clutch washer is the leather ring pressed between two brass plates on the shaft which drives the disc.

Before you dismantle anything, ease the plates apart, and lubricate the leather disc with neatsfoot oil. The first one I bought (Rouletto) came instantly to life with this simple operation.
peacock

Post by peacock »

Thanks for the information. I'll try that and, fingers crossed, it will work.