Peter Simper hopper problem

General vintage slot machine related topics.
runner

Peter Simper hopper problem

Post by runner »

Hello,
I need a little help with my Peter Simper fruit machine. It has recently developed a fault in which the hopper continues to pay out until empty, causing me to have to turn off the machine. I have swapped around relays, but as yet no fix. Can you tell me what the most likely cause of this problem is?

Also I am not sure if I have the selector pin on the power board in the right place. On the left is 200/210, in the middle is 220/230, and on the right is 240/250.
Attachments
IMG20220330125528_BURST000_COVER.a.jpg
IMG20220330124034a.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Peter Simper hopper problem

Post by pennymachines »

It's a bit later than the machines most of us here tinker with... but the Peter Simper machines topic does include some wiring diagrams...
Also The Peter Simper Stabilizer Revealed.

You might have more joy at fruitemu.co.uk, e.g. peter simper machine and peter simper fruity

The second topic shows your power board - looks like the settings are correct.
Attachments
power-board.jpg
dickywink

Post by dickywink »

Hi Runner
If this machine is definitely a hopper payout (some were tube payout), first place to look is where the coin exits the hopper.
There should be a small microswitch or contacts that count each coin out of the hopper as the coin passes it.
If this switch is not switching... the machine will assume that no coin has passed and keep running the hopper until it sees a coin (which it doesn't, because the switch is possibly stuck).
If this switch is working OK, you need to trace the wires back to the part of the machine (usually a stepper that counts down as each coin is ejected from the hopper).
Again, if this is not counting down, then the hopper will continue to run as the stepper never reaches its stop position.

all the best
Dicky
runner

Post by runner »

Thanks admin and Dicky. Much appreciated.
glittering-prize67

Post by glittering-prize67 »

I've had some Simper machines and they are very good, if somewhat over engineered. I agree with previous answer, it's not counting coins as they exit, so either the switch is broken or worked loose as they have adjustment for coin sizes.
runner

Post by runner »

Many thanks.