Aristocrat King of Jokers one arm bandit

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
j44mgf

Aristocrat King of Jokers one arm bandit

Post by j44mgf »

Hi,
If anyone can help please, I have an Aristocrat King of Jokers I've just bought that isn't paying out correctly. The guy said he thinks it's because the microswitch on the payout was cracked, so I have replaced that, but I'm still having the same issue.
Sometimes it doesn't pay out on cherries and other times it does, but different amounts each time and sometimes it's a delay of 10 seconds. On the other fruits it does payout again but not the correct amount. The machine is a 5p machine but the guy said it's been converted to new 10p but he was also playing it with one shilling coins.
Could it be a faulty plunger that operates the microswitch? The hopper does spin when paying out.
Thanks
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat King of Jokers one arm bandit

Post by treefrog »

Should be easy to test a microswitch with a continuity tester for open and closed circuit. Also you hear the click when it open and closed.

Having recently worked on Aristocrat hopper machines, can be many issues. You say the hopper does not move, but must do if it's paying some awards. There are many microswitches in the fingers. Have you checked these engage? Also, the pins in the top box - are they set correctly?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Treefrog ....
OP says "the hopper does spin when paying out"
j44mgf

Post by j44mgf »

Hi
It does spin when paying out but doesn't always pay out correctly.
Also the 3 fuses at the top of the machine are 2, 5, 4 amp. Are these fuses 240V and are these for the lights?
Thanks
brigham

Post by brigham »

I have one of these horrors.
The model is 'Grosvenor Electronic', with a little picture of electrons orbiting to make it 'space age'.
It has no microswitch on the hopper, just a round plastic bar with wires moulded in, which somehow 'senses' the passage of the coins.
When you get a win, the hopper runs, spewing out coins until the over-run timer operates. There are three 'chickenhead' knobs to vary the time given, for small wins, higher wins and huge ones.
There's no way of seeing what is supposed to count out the coins. It's just a big printed circuit board with loads of components sticking out.
It's a delightful console model, with excellent chrome. It'll be getting a slide payout conversion as soon as I've sorted out some other, earlier machines.
j44mgf

Post by j44mgf »

Hi
Mine has a microswitch that the lever pushes once it's going to pay out. The round bits with lots of wires wrapped around push a plunger up which moves a lever onto the microswitch. Can you adjust these chickenheads that you mentioned? If so, can you post a picture of what you mean? Also the three fuses at the top of the machine are 2, 4 and 5 amp but doesn’t say a voltage on them. Would these be 12v fuses or 240v fuses or doesn’t it matter as long as the amps are correct?
Thanks
nora10

Post by nora10 »

j44mgf wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:52 pm Hi
It does spin when paying out but doesn't always pay out correctly.
Also the 3 fuses at the top of the machine are 2, 5, 4 amp. Are these fuses 240V and are these for the lights?
Thanks
It sounds like there might be an issue with the payout mechanism of the machine if it's not consistently paying out correctly when spinning. Regarding the fuses, the amperage ratings you provided (2, 5, 4 amp) typically indicate the maximum current each fuse can handle. However, without knowing the specific make and model of the machine, it's hard to confirm if they are indeed for the lights or if they're rated for 240V. It's crucial to consult the machine's manual or a qualified technician for accurate information and proper maintenance.