Mills Bell-O-Matic Four Crown Hightop

General vintage slot machine related topics.
beanieboy

Mills Bell-O-Matic Four Crown Hightop

Post by beanieboy »

Looking to sell my working vintage one armed bandit any help were best to sell
Thanks
John

Note - edited to rotate picture (coin-op)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (35.52 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
slotalot

Re: For sale

Post by slotalot »

Hi John, welcome to the forum, Sales & Wanteds can be listed in the Market on this site for free, just click on the link to get there. !!JUNK!! https://pennymachines.co.uk/cgi-bin/Market/index.pl
beanieboy

Post by beanieboy »

Thanks, just trying to figure out how to list in market place lol
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

If you click on the red shield with the crossed keys, (at the top of the Market page) that will take you to the registration page. !!JUNK!!
Good luck with the sale. !THUMBS!
beanieboy

Post by beanieboy »

Thanks for your help.
beanieboy

Post by beanieboy »

SOLD ! Thanks to this forum and one of its members :)
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I thought we had a policy of NOT buying or selling through posts! dirtdog
banditboy

Post by banditboy »

DITTO! I would have been rather interested in that myself dirtdog
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

Super machine.
I am sure the buyer is very happy indeed!
The top on mine has a Mills Bello-Matic sign.

Crown series model, I was told, late 1950s.
Seen some with crown logo & some without.
raj

Post by raj »

That is one machine I wish I had kept... sold it for £1200 many years ago, so who knows what it might fetch now :!?!:
Dscn0054.jpg

aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I have your pix saved from last time you posted pix.
Super machines.
Any owner would be pleased with such a machine, so easy to understand previous posters' frustrations & I'm sure the forum owners/moderators will see the posts.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

coppinpr wrote:I thought we had a policy of NOT buying or selling through posts!
That's right, and for the sole purpose of preventing ill-feeling produced by transactions like this.

Please Read Before Posting in the Forum
Please do not use the Forum to advertise items "Wanted" or "For Sale". Such postings will be deleted. If you wish to sell items on this site, please post them in the Auction or Market.
This is also in the second paragraph (in red) of the User Agreement acknowledged when members join the site.

Obviously (as in this instance), I'm not always around to enforce this. Besides, I've been lenient on similar posts because:
(a) it's not always clear, for example, whether someone is trying to sell or get a value on a machine, and
(b) I recognize the separate Auction/Market registration causes difficulty and confusion.

The Forum Moderators take their lead from me. Slotalot politely tried to steer Beanieboy to the Market.

Had the machine been advertised there, although it might have sold just as quickly to the first comer, the frustration of others would have been tempered by a sense of fair play.

What's more, although I'm not privy to the details, the vendor might have profited greatly by allowing those interested to compete for it in the Auction.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

pennymachines wrote:What's more, although I'm not privy to the details, the vendor might have profited greatly by allowing those interested to compete for it in the Auction.
That was exactly my feelings on the matter, with so many interested parties the machine would have reached its true value. That is why I believe live Auctions are the best, like Coventry and NOT Ebay.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

An unfortunate set of circumstances which I should hate to put off our new member from returning. :-(

I'd suggest that the emotion and rancor posted is over the situation and is no different to how we feel when an auction disappears off eBay. :!?!:
So beanieboy, welcome to the site. I don't know what you paid for it, nor how much you got for it, however the fact that you had it shows you're one of us. :cool:

When I read the post, I understood your request and wondered to myself how many members would immediately contact you to pursue it directly. That's your business and only you need know that. I imagine an offer was made and you accepted.

I suggest we all accept beanieboy as a valuable addition to our membership !!YIPPEE!! and move on.

At the same time we behind the scenes should revisit the Stickies and also make it easier not to contravene policies.

Anyhoo ..... beanieboy I hope you're still around and can add to my knowledge. Although I consider myself a Bandit aficionado, I'd like to know what it actually was? I seem to remember seeing one on the web a few years ago. The Coronet, I think was misleading, and it might have been a Mills.
Beanieboy, where did it come from, 4 reelers are usually from abroad or private clubs or Cruise Liners?

BP
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

"Coronet" :shock: oohh, BP you reminded me, I have one of them.
But you've confused "our baby" with a late model Bell-O-Matic :!!!: How could you? :cry:

Hi beanieboy and welcome to pennymachines.
Pity you slipped on the welcome mat, so to speak.
Raj's pic is a great looking example of one of the last fully mechanical machines Mills Bell-O-Matic (Reno) made.
The model looks like a Four Reel Deluxe Chrome with the light up front panels, 1958 I thought but, to credit the Blue Book, 1959.
There's a Coin Slot or Loose Change article somewhere if anyone's interested.
New owner should be pleased if.....
andydotp
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

badpenny wrote:I suggest we all accept beanieboy as a valuable addition to our membership !!YIPPEE!! and move on.
I second that - welcome beanieboy :cool:
badpenny wrote:At the same time we behind the scenes should revisit the Stickies and also make it easier not to contravene policies.
I have (long term) plans to fully integrate the Auction/Market into a single registration process, making them easier for members to use. A more consistent Forum posting policy can then be applied. I shall also probably re-instigate the system which holds first posts by new members for moderator approval. This will save them from falling foul of the rules and is also bulletproof against Spam. I might have done so already, but it requires major changes to the current set-up.

I may also modify the rule on 'parts wanted' posts in the Forum, because, in practice, they naturally arise from restoration and repair queries.
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

andydotp wrote:Raj's pic is a great looking example of one of the last fully mechanical machines Mills Bell-O-Matic (Reno) made.
The model looks like a Four Reel Deluxe Chrome with the light up front panels, 1958 I thought but, to credit the Blue Book, 1959.
There's a Coin Slot or Loose Change article somewhere if anyone's interested.
Hi, Andy.
Yes please, I would be very interested to learn more about this machine (and no, I am not the buyer!). I have never heard of the Bell-o-Matic, but it is a good looking machine and I would like to read that article.
Cheers,
Alan
bandito

Post by bandito »

There was a similar machine on ebay UK a few years ago - sold for less than £600, if I remember. I think it was from Southend, Essex? Also had a look at one from a dealer about 10 years ago. I think his name was Simon? He lives South somewhere. I remember his house had a large black fence arround it with an electric gate? He had some nice machines and liked his electric shock machines..... anyway he wanted about £1150 for his. I offered £1000 and he said no. :!?!:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

youngerap wrote:I have never heard of the Bell-o-Matic, but it is a good looking machine and I would like to read that article.
Bell-O-Matic, I had always assumed, was a later name for the Mills corporation, especially when they move from Chicago to Reno, but interestingly, as the decal below suggests, they were distributors, although they could still have been part of the Mills Corporation.
As mentioned on many previous threads, all the later Hi Tops were branded Bell-O-Matic and were distinct in that they has the same plastic award fitting below the reels and denominator the same as on the Crown machine. The Crown machines were made in 3 and 4 reeler versions. I know they did a Hi Top Chrome version 4 reeler, but cannot find any information. The Crowns were chromed originally, unless they did specials as suggested a deluxe version.
Attachments
bell.JPG
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Would this be the 3 reel version of the 4 reeler?
bellomatic.jpg

I particually like the drinks holder and ash tray.