Free Popcorn

General vintage slot machine related topics.
roger

Free Popcorn

Post by roger »

popcorn.jpg
popcorn.jpg (4.35 KiB) Viewed 1314 times

A bit off-topic but..................One of the great perks of my retirement home is FREE movies 7 days a week.
I just saw a great British movie titled "The Ladykillers"........Highly recommended, ROGER
dickywink

Re: Free Popcorn

Post by dickywink »

Hi Roger
I do believe the Lady Killers features an old wurlitzer 78 jukebox if my memory is correct ... It's sad that it's the only thing that reminds me of this film. :)
EDIT : just checked out Ladykillers and it wasn't the movie I was thinking of... but now I will have to watch it at the weekend as I love Peter Sellers ...

On that subject ... another great British film from 1957 is "BOOBY TRAP" and this features a few slot pleasures.
Not only does it feature a vintage pinball and bandit but also a Wonderful Ditchburn MK2 Juke box :)

Set in a seedy Gentlemen's club with gambling and drug dealing .... oh how them times were sooooo bad :)

boobytrapa.jpg

All the best ... Dicky
Attachments
bt-1.jpg
bt-1a.jpg
bt-2.jpg
ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

There’s an upcoming movie coming out soon that will have some lovely old games in the background of another British gentleman’s club from the '80s. Well I hope they get some good screen time.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

roger wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:14 pm I just saw a great British movie titled "The Ladykillers"........Highly recommended
It's one of the best loved from the golden age of British comedy films produced at Ealing Studios between 1947 and 1958.

Some other unmissablè classics are Kind Hearts and Coronets, Whisky Galore and The Maggie, but for slot machine content, you should watch Barnacle Bill. !!THUMBSX2!!