Sega Clover Bell & Blackjack

Discuss our on-site auctions and other slot machine auctions.
grains

Re: Sega Clover Bell & Blackjack

Post by grains »

Thank you dutchboy, The picture is really helpful for reference.
grains

Post by grains »

Good news! The mech is working correctly now with the reels firing and spinning as they should.
Would this trade stimulator have used tokens or coins originally? There's no indication other than the "COINS" text stamped on the front plate.
The slot and chute is large enough for 1d but they get stuck before the release and drop into the coin played side viewing window.
6ds are too small so it's currently working on Sega Continental Tokens, but if anyone has further information that would be appreciated.

Here are a few close up pictures of the mech outside of the case which may be useful for future reference.

Thanks and all the best to forum members for Christmas and the New Year.
Attachments
cFrTd5jl.jpg
tZ6n5uZl.jpg
uzaQxqil.jpg
kYj4Ij5l.jpg
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

It's hard to see this machine as a trade stimulator as in the original meaning. The trade stimulator period was dead and buried by 1949 and these Clovers come from era V of Sega's slot period so that's after the Sega hi-tops and Continentals, so late '70s and at the very end of their slot machine production. I THINK the only other machine of the same era is the Ascot shown below.

I can only imagine these were for tabletop gambling between groups of punters and the bar lent them out to the tables. They were defiantly not a success. I believe they were designed so the operator could change the chute to take whatever coin he decided on, hence the general description "COIN" on the entry. My guess is most ran on tokens which could be purchased at the bar so the table of punters could use the machine.
Attachments
455px-Segaascot_01.jpg
deano67

Sega Clover Bell

Post by deano67 »

Topic moved & merged - Site Admin.

Hi,
Sega Clover Bell on Ebay.
Anyone have a video or know if they pay out coins etc ? Also is the gumball mech a one coin in one gumball out affair like the Spark's type Trade Stims?
TIA.
grains

Post by grains »

I think they vend gum, rather than pay out coins which happens on a Mini Sega etc.
The last coin played can be viewed in a window at the side of the case before it drops into the cashbox.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

coppinpr wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:35 pm It's hard to see this machine as a trade stimulator as in the original meaning. The trade stimulator period was dead and buried by 1949 and these Clovers come from era V of Sega's slot period so that's after the Sega hi-tops and Continentals, so late '70s and at the very end of their slot machine production. I THINK the only other machine of the same era is the Ascot shown below.

I can only imagine these were for tabletop gambling between groups of punters and the bar lent them out to the tables. They were defiantly not a success. I believe they were designed so the operator could change the chute to take whatever coin he decided on, hence the general description "COIN" on the entry. My guess is most ran on tokens which could be purchased at the bar so the table of punters could use the machine.
I did a writeup on the 2 lives of Sega's Ascot: https://earlyarcadesjapan.blogspot.com/ ... -sega.html
Does anyone have any catalogs or price lists that mention Ascot?
Once again I'm banging my head against the wall due to the sheer paucity of scanned documentation of the 1960s UK industry. Oh how I'm desperate for all of your magazines to get scanned and shared for my research! !SMARTY!