Aristocrat Sheerline not paying out

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
consul1961

Aristocrat Sheerline not paying out

Post by consul1961 »

Can anyone help. Purchased a machine for restoration and it does not pay out. The fingers don't seem to go through the disc easily or have the power to push the payout levers. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Sheerline not paying out

Post by treefrog »

Not sure at what point you are pushing the finger, but when the cycle has completed, the lower fingers are holding the slide in position. As such, the upper finger will not budge unless forced hard.

If a win is not triggering, it can be a few issues, e.g. timing, poor finger springs, incorrect reel alignment and I could go on.
brigham

Post by brigham »

Do the upper fingers move against the disc each play?
consul1961

Post by consul1961 »

Fingers do move against the disc, each time, springs seem very thin. If I push hard on the fingers it still does not release payouts easily. I will try to post some photos later.
consul1961

Post by consul1961 »

The lowest payout finger does not go as deep as others (see photo) without pushing hard to get it to release slides. With no reels in all fingers drop and all the payout sides move for payout. Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
20220731_190634a.jpg
20220731_190622a.jpg
20220731_190608a.jpg
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

First of all, are any payouts working at all? If no, I would suggest we go back to the timing issue. If you are able to force the finger through, then it is not reel alignment.

Perhaps also share what your payout award is, as you have a lot of upper fingers, which are either many combinations of high win awards or not used….
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The first one (lowest amount) doesn't need to be so deep as the others. It's only paying out on two cherries, which equals two discs. The others are looking for three of a kind and need to pass through three discs.

First ensure your springs on the upper fingers are strong enough. They need to still be under tension even when they've travelled as they have to fight against the springs holding the horizontal fingers shut.

Then if they're ok, count your clicks. There should be five...
1 - Reel stop 1
2- Reel stop 2
3- Reel stop 3
4- Vertical and Horizontal fingers release
5- The Stop holding all the slides is released.

If you only have 4 clicks, there's your problem; you have an incomplete cycle and need to adjust the Dog & Anvil so that click 5 is reset during the handle pull, otherwise the weight of all the slides is always sitting against all of the horizontal fingers, which means they will never move no matter what the vertical ones do.

BP :didact:
consul1961

Post by consul1961 »

I have now checked out the 5 clicks and it does have 5 clicks. I replaced the lowest payout spring with a heavier duty one and without the reels in at the end of the 5th click, the lower payout sides worked.... So does anyone know where I can purchase new finger springs from? Hopefully this will sort the problem.