Aristocrat Sheerline reels not aligned for payout

Somebody knows... Maybe you?
consul1961

Aristocrat Sheerline reels not aligned for payout

Post by consul1961 »

So I have replaced springs on the fingers and It looks like I need to realign the reels as to get the finger to go through. I manually lined up the highest pay out and it was above the glass pay line area. I can adjust the LH and middle reel to be in the center of the glass panel, but the RH reel, as far as I can see, is non adjustable. Is that correct? Is there a way to realign reels as I have never done that before? Any help?
Thanks
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Sheerline reels not aligned for payout

Post by treefrog »

Can’t believe alignment would have been your problem as the reel strips are glued and as you have realised one is the master reel where the others are bolted to… Did you let the machine finish its cycle before checking what it looked like through the glass, e.g. all reel stop arms in position?
consul1961

Post by consul1961 »

Yes, the winning symbols were definitely out of the winner area. I will look again tomorrow. If anyone has any check I can do to verify, it would be gratefully appreciated, or directions on how to verify reel set ups.
consul1961

Post by consul1961 »

Does anyone know how to make sure the reels are lined up? Hopefully someone will be able to help me out. Surely someone knows how to check the reels are correct and would be good enough to pass on that information.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Four things to check as to where problem might be.

1) are each of the reel stop arms resting into the star wheels firmly and squire, as any that do not sit flush will cause a reel to stop incorrectly

2) are each of the reel stop arms fitted with similar springs that pull them back with the same strength

3) Are any of the reels sticky, slow or stop early, maybe due to wear or grease

4) when the reels have stopped, are the pay discs on the side all aligned the same or are the notches on the edges staggered.

Picture help, I know you said you cannot load, but we are blind to your problem :o
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I don't have an aristo, so can't say for sure, but the first thing to know is, are the reels out of line but the payout discs in the right place? if that's the case, and the aristo is the same as other machines, all you need to do is release each reel drum from the central rod and realign them, if both the reel drums and the payout discs are out of line its most likely the cycle is not quite ending and you need to check back through the cycle to find what's holding things up (weak spring, gummy clock, clock connections gummed up, etc
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'm sure this is just me, but I'm struggling to identify the exact problem you're looking at.

Are you saying it has paid out, but the winning combination is not on the pay line, but actually appears on the line above?

BP :cool:
brigham

Post by brigham »

That sounds as if the mech is from a different cabinet, one with the window higher up!
Are ALL the wins on the line above?
ralph

Post by ralph »

Any photos?
I would line up the jackpot. Make sure it pays out the correct amount.
Adjust the 2 reels that can be loosened and moved to the center of the glass (payout line), then move the 3rd reel strip artwork to suit so they all end up on the center of the payout line.

Are the reels strips glued or loose on the reels?
If you have the metal reels, the art can slip between the edge crimps.
Seems odd that the RH reel can't be loosened and moved also. If that's the case, the only way around it would be to move the reel strip art to suit.